So I was pulling out the SIM card for my Moto and it was in the nano to micro adapter. It got stuck upon pulling out and completely stripped the metal pieces off the opening Now my phone is not reading the SIM.
    Any ideas on what to do? Best to send to Motorla for repair or is it not covered under warranty? I am so bummed as this is a three week old phone and the card was installed properly.
    05-19-2016 11:42 PM
    You can try to send it back to Moto. But I feel they will probably give you a hard time about the damage.
    You mentioned the card was installed properly, but above that you state " it was in the nano to micro adapter." Sadly, those aren't supported by the manufacturers (unless this moto came with the adapter?).
    Those pins that got ripped out are soldered to the board, so it's not an easy fix either.
    05-20-2016 01:49 AM
    Thank you. So frustrating as it seems the adapter was too thick. Equally frustrating is that it's from my phone carrier.
    Thankfully I have my Moto X 2 as a backup. If Motorola can't help I may have to sell it for parts 😑

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2016 12:22 PM