Touchscreen not working. Need to rip files from phone before binning it.

densecake

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

So i dropped my phone a while back and cracked the screen. Successfully replaced it with a new screen but then dropped that a couple of weeks ago while travelling. It only had one crack across the screen so I thought it wasn't too bad but the touch screen was somewhat unresponsive. By somewhat I mean it still registered my touch, but it wouldn't allow me to unlock the phone.

So i bought another screen and installed it, however now the touch screen is not working at all. I am fed up and don't know what to do. I just want a new phone at this point as not being able to contact people is getting frustrating. The problem is I want to get the files from my phone out (photos etc), but I can't seem to do this without using the touchscreen.

So the question is...is some way one can rip the files from the phone without the use of the touchscreen?

And yes with my next phone I will ensure to backup everything....

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So i dropped my phone a while back and cracked the screen. Successfully replaced it with a new screen but then dropped that a couple of weeks ago while travelling. It only had one crack across the screen so I thought it wasn't too bad but the touch screen was somewhat unresponsive. By somewhat I mean it still registered my touch, but it wouldn't allow me to unlock the phone.

So i bought another screen and installed it, however now the touch screen is not working at all. I am fed up and don't know what to do. I just want a new phone at this point as not being able to contact people is getting frustrating. The problem is I want to get the files from my phone out (photos etc), but I can't seem to do this without using the touchscreen.

So the question is...is some way one can rip the files from the phone without the use of the touchscreen?

And yes with my next phone I will ensure to backup everything....
Get an OTG cable and a USB mouse, well known trick that work on most devices. They are available for under $2 on ebay with free shipping, a few bucks more if you need it in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol