Hello!
    So a month or so ago, my SD card was being strange. When I'd restart my phone, it would not show up apps stored in my internally formatted sd card unless I took out the card while restarting. Then it deleted all my photos! (I was away so they weren't even backed up) So i took it out, thinking it was just the sd card gone bad. I deleted a lot of things and until I got a new one today, storage was scarce and it wasn't great. I put in the new sd card today, downloaded a ton of apps and it was all going fine.
    It was being slow so I restarted my phone and bam, same problem. This is a brand new sd card while the other was a few months old.
    Pretty sure it's the phone doing this but I don't know what to do about it! Should I contact the place I bought it from as the warranty is still valid? Or can I just sort it out myself? Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: just uninstalled everything I don't need (which is hard when my laptop is also not happy, technology loves me) and moved everything off the sd card. Reformatted it as portable. Still only a quick fix to reduce any loss of files though, my internal storage is crammed
    08-08-2016 07:47 PM
    Memory devices are subject to being read (and written to). The files may still be there but the device is not read.
    Possible reasons:
    Contact problem, contact spring pressure, dirt.
    Software set-up.
    Unmount it, then:
    Try memory device on a different unit with known good contacts.
    While at it create files copy if applicable.
    Try a different memory device of same mechanical dimensions. Write and read to it.
    By now you should figure out if fault is in the phone (gold plated contacts or software) or in the plug-in memory.
    Visit store with the items, let them show you. Don't miss out warranty.
    08-08-2016 08:34 PM
    This is also the sign of a low quality card, or one with insufficient speed speed capabilities. Cards used for internal storage should be high quality, brand name products with a minimum UHS1 speed rating, UHS3 preferred.

Cards known to work well:

Samsung EVO or EVO+ series
    Samsung PRO series
    Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Plus series
    Transcend Ultimate series
    Lexar High Performance 633x series
    PNY Turbo series

This list is hardly all inclusive and there are certainly others, but the Samsung EVO+ series is clearly the top pick by most trusted reviewers for it's price vs performance.

If you are using one of these cards, have verified it's authenticity with an app like SD Insight, and still have issues, it is likely your device is defective.
    tube517 and Beth339912 like this.
    08-09-2016 04:57 PM
    Thank you! I'll try getting one of these cards

Worth noting is that I'm having more problems, such as, while apps are open I can't pull out the minimise etc buttons and the middle button doesn't work. I can't fully pull down the menu from the top. If these continue I'll probably contact the place I bought it from anyway.
    08-11-2016 01:32 PM
    Aaaand it's randomly buzzing sometimes
    EDIT: so it's just not showing notifications do it's buzzing without showing them
    08-11-2016 01:34 PM
    Did a complete system reset, wiping everything and it was going great until it wouldnt let me sign into the google account i used on the device ever since i got it.
    honestly just going to try and get it replaced, ill try and push them to replace with the 4!
    my only worry is for my poor pokemon
    08-14-2016 06:48 PM