The notification bar is missing the setting gear, the phone does not ring and goes to voicemail, sometimes it registered the call in "recent", other times it does not.
    When I swipe down for the notification bar, icons do not appear, just the phrase "no notifications". The flashlight is gone also. The phone is very slow now.
    I have done the reset with the charger plugged in and holding the start button for two minutes, but that did not work.
    The phone turned off one day while I was holding it, turned back on and had malfunctioned since then.
    If anyone has resolutions to this, please be as specific as possible. Your help and suggestions will be appreciated.
    08-10-2016 08:30 AM
    The notification bar is missing the setting gear, the phone does not ring and goes to voicemail, sometimes it registered the call in "recent", other times it does not.
    When I swipe down for the notification bar, icons do not appear, just the phrase "no notifications". The flashlight is gone also. The phone is very slow now.
    I have done the reset with the charger plugged in and holding the start button for two minutes, but that did not work.
    The phone turned off one day while I was holding it, turned back on and had malfunctioned since then.
    If anyone has resolutions to this, please be as specific as possible. Your help and suggestions will be appreciated.
    Note that this forum group is for the Moto G 3rd Generation, if this is a device specific problem then I would suggest posting this question in the Moto G 2014 (2nd Generation) area here: Moto G (2014) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I would suggest backing up any important data and performing a Factory Reset, this will clear out all your data and applications and return the phone to it's "factory state" like when it first came out of the box. Motorola has clear instructions on how to do this here.

Be aware that many of these steps can take some time, and the phone can appear to be frozen or unresponsive... just be patient and allow it to finish it's work. The first boot after a factory reset can take significant time to occur, sometimes over 20 minutes so be patient.
    08-10-2016 09:08 AM