G3, The Good Stuff

paininthenuts

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
My life withe the G3 started on a bad note. After only 4 days the phone died after 3 attempts to format the sd card as adoptable storage, and to be honest I am still far from happy the way Android 6 eats up the memory. As well as this, I can confirm the Motorola support are pretty hopeless. However, the phone has been repaired and is back, and I thought it only fair I publish the good stuff. Firstly, it is very fast, and opening apps, or performing any task a phone is meant to do is very quick. The screen is bright enough, and the size is about right. It's a god looking phone, and knowing it is waterproof is assuring. I have left the best till last though. My Samsung S4's battery life, even with a new battery, was about 14 hours. With approximately the same use I get about 3 days out of the G3, amazing !!

paininthenuts

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever get adoptable storage to work, or are you just using it as portable?

Well, it's working as designed, but in all honesty I am not impressed. The apps in general are still on the hard drive, so in reality the sd card is not really an extension of the phones storage. In my opinion Google should have left things as they were, made the sd card a TRUE extension of the storage, or Motorola should not have released a phone with no less storage than 16gb. I have about 12 apps, and no games, but I only have 1.3gb left, which may well be eaten up by future updates. Apart from that the phone is now working well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2