Motorola, please include Moto G (3rd Gen) for Android Nougat Update (Change.Org)

I haven't signed it (yet?) because I'm not certain I actually want Lenovorola to do this. Unless Nougat on the G3 also adds VoLTE (and, preferably, WiFi calling) on T-Mobile: ISTM they'd likely induce more problems than they'd solve.

But others may really want it, so: For all the good it'll do: Here ya go
    10-08-2016 10:21 AM
    and the samsung crowd doesn't even know which devices are getting ;_;
    10-08-2016 10:41 AM
    Everyone should sign this... even if you don't get anything... Heck, even if you don't own one of these devices.

Motonovo, and other manufacturers, need to know that the users are seeing their lie and NOT giving us the promised 18 months/2 Android version updates. This isn't something that we just want, it was part of the package when we bought this device, it was sold as getting fast updates for 18 months from release, and they are attempting to abandon it at 12 months. They need to be told this is not OK.

@Old Stoneface
    As far as the VoLTE thing... well, this handset was sold as not supporting VoLTE, and later some VoLTE support was added, and Jio users are rather frantic to get it as well... Well... I would like to see you get it, but I don't think that is the point.

Even people who say "oh, we can just custom roms" are only partially correct... we have working Nougat, but it isn't perfect, and likely won't be unless we can get the proprietary blobs and kernel source there will likely always be hardware problems with every custom Nougat ROM unless we get an official version.
    10-09-2016 09:16 PM
    @Old Stoneface
    As far as the VoLTE thing... well, this handset was sold as not supporting VoLTE,
    I'm aware of that. I'm not complaining it does not have it (except see below). I'd just like to see it have it.

The handset was billed as having Band 12 support. Had that not been the case we probably would have saved $30-$40 (at the time) and bought my wife a 1st Gen. But Band 12. Little did we know Motorola (I think they were still owned by Google at that point) had disabled it, because no VoLTE. I don't care to revisit that old finger-pointing exercise between Motorola and T-Mobile supporters. (I blame them both.) I'd just like to see the handset have it. Lacking that: I don't see much that Nougat offers, that I want, over Marshmallow. So, lacking that: I'd as soon Lenovorola not take the opportunity to break an otherwise pretty decent phone.
    10-10-2016 08:55 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, we have reached the 1000 signature milestone but still have a way to go.

We have received confirmation that the at least one major Android news outlet will be running a feature story in the next few days and pushing it to all major social media outlets, and fully expect most others to pick it up shortly.

Don't give up, and feel free to continue sharing and signing the petition if you haven't yet!!!
    10-11-2016 02:54 PM
    Signed even though i don't have a G3. Everyone who owns a Motorola or Lenovo phone even if its not Moto G3 should sign it otherwise if you let Lenovo get away with it then you yourself may be deprived of future updates on your new Moto/Lenovo phone.
    acejavelin likes this.
    10-14-2016 03:24 AM
    Just an update for everyone, the petition is growing like crazy, with the release of a great news article by XDA's news team, and user support to spread the word across various social media outlets we have generated over 5400 supporters and it is growing rapidly.

Thank you to everyone for your support and help in showing Moto that what they are doing is not right!!!
    Old Stoneface and kamylasg like this.
    10-14-2016 08:36 AM
    Bump... Broke 8000 supporters today, great going people. Thank you for all your help

Just need to keep it up, please share on social media..

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/motorola-pl...-nougat-update

Home forum thread: [PETITION] Android Nougat Update for Osprey … | Moto G 2015

Great news articles:
    Moto and Updates: More Planned Obsolesce from Lenovo's Motorola
    Moto G 3rd Gen Petition to Receive Android Nougat Update - Neurogadget

Please share to all Android or other appropriate communities... again, thanks for all your help everyone!!!
    10-16-2016 03:59 PM
    I read somewhere that Lenovo is not going to push the upgrade because the processor and other things in the G3 does not support Nougat. This is Lenovo responds but I don't believe it. I have the Moto G4 and I think we will not get either Android 8 or whatever the next version of Android will be after Nougat.
    10-16-2016 04:10 PM
    I read somewhere that Lenovo is not going to push the upgrade because the processor and other things in the G3 does not support Nougat. This is Lenovo responds but I don't believe it. I have the Moto G4 and I think we will not get either Android 8 or whatever the next version of Android will be after Nougat.
    Have a link to this response? Because we know this is false, it is part of the very premise of our petition, just read it or XDA's great article.
    maclancer likes this.
    10-17-2016 11:48 AM
    Broken 10,000 signers as of yesterday. Up to 10,355 at the moment.
    10-19-2016 09:02 AM
    This is not true. Moto G4 Play with same specs as Moto G3 is getting Android 7.0. Android One devices with same specs as Moto G3 has already received Android 7.0 . However, Moto E3 and Moto E3 Power are weird omission since they were just released in September 2016.
    10-21-2016 03:01 AM
    This is not true. Moto G4 Play with same specs as Moto G3 is getting Android 7.0. Android One devices with same specs as Moto G3 has already received Android 7.0 . However, Moto E3 and Moto E3 Power are weird omission since they were just released in September 2016.
    I will pretty upset if a phone I bought just a month ago will not be upgraded to an OS that was released the month before. I feel sorry for people that wasted money on these phones.
    10-21-2016 04:16 AM
    Indeed, if Motorola/Lenovo releases Nougat on the G4 Play, and not on the G3, I'm going to probably stop supporting them. I love the G series, and recommend moto to friends and family, but that would certainly change. Again, IF moto releases the update to the G4 Play first, and then sees that there would not be too much work to do so for the G3, and also releases it, I would not object
    01-20-2017 01:59 PM