I have paired and used 2-3 bluetooth devices (mostly ear buds) and they show in my "paired devices" list. Not sure why, but when I turn them on to use again, they do not connect automatically. I have to go to the device list and force connect while putting device in pair mode. No fun to do that every time.

I know there are apps out there to manage bluetooth devices, but thought this was native to the phone. Am I doing something wrong?
    01-13-2017 11:22 AM
    I have paired and used 2-3 bluetooth devices (mostly ear buds) and they show in my "paired devices" list. Not sure why, but when I turn them on to use again, they do not connect automatically. I have to go to the device list and force connect while putting device in pair mode. No fun to do that every time.

I know there are apps out there to manage bluetooth devices, but thought this was native to the phone. Am I doing something wrong?
    Are you also using those earbuds with other devices?

Many Bluetooth "end" devices (speakers, earbuds, etc.) can only pair with one device at a time; if you re-pair with a different device (let's say your tablet) and then want to return to the original device (your phone) you have to re-pair them.

This is particularly true of older and/or less expensive earbuds/speakers/etc.
    01-13-2017 11:26 AM
    No, I have only paired them with this phone. I checked and my tablet bluetooth is turned off. My PC does not have bluetooth built in, but is using it for mouse & keyboard. That shouldn't affect this device, but one never knows.
    01-13-2017 11:29 AM
    You might want to take a look at this thread, starting from the end and work your way back up-thread. Interesting stuff about CVS app, Gas Buddy, and similar shopping apps causing problems.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/.../15341/page/16
    01-13-2017 11:36 AM
    Thanks, I worked back through 3-5 pages. Thankfully, I don't have the apps cited with BLE problems. I am on Android 6.0 and saw a comment that it fixed the issue for some older devices. Sadly, not Moto G '15.
    01-13-2017 12:26 PM