Wi-Fi Questions - Doesn't Automatically Connect, Tile Toggle vs. Switch in Settings, Etc.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I know there have been some wifi issues with this phone/android version but I haven't seen these exact questions.

The main issue is that my phone usually will not automatically connect when the wifi on (although it might once in a while). Turning the switch off and on in the wifi settings makes it connect right away. Doing this with the tile in the Control widget I have on the home screen often does not work. Not a huge issue but an annoyance, and if I forget it could mean eating data if I'm streaming music or videos.

Also sometimes the tile doesn't match the switch. For example I will turn the tile on and the switch will still be off, or vice versa. I know that this has happened, of course trying it now, they are working in sync. (Again the phone will still NOT automatically connect even if the switch in on.)

Anyone have any idea if this is fixable?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I've seen that. Before I go dealing with re-entering passwords, was just wondering if that would help when it DOES connect when I toggle the wifi switch off and on, just doesn't connect automatically when it is already on.
I don't know about all those things listed in the linked post, but 99% of all WiFi issues on the Moto G 2015 are cleared up with one of three things...

1. Clear the cache partition - This is one of the first things to try for any Moto G 2015 issue

2. Reset network settings - This will clear ALL network settings, WiFi networks & passwords, Bluetooth pairings, 3G/LTE preferences, etc... everything related to ANY network settings (except APN information) will be reset and all configuration files returned to stock

3. If all else fails, perform a Full Factory Reset - This will delete ALL data on the device and return it to out of box condition. Remember that you must know your Google account to setup your device again, or remove the Google account prior to performing the reset.

The Moto G 2015 in itself is very stable and problem free... these steps will typically fix any issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma