Good morning guys. I'm having problems with my Moto G 3. I bought it recently off someone through a local online bootsale app, and although he told me it was locked to his carrier, he did me a deal because I would have to buy an unlock code in order to use it with my network. Anyway, I bought the code, turned my phone off, inserted the aim, but when I turned the phone back on there was no option for me to enter the unlock code. I'm not sure why this is but needless to say, I'm abit gutted. I've tried to get in contact with the person who sold me the phone, but they haven't replied to me. So I was hoping that someone would know how to bring up the screen for me to input the unlock code. Otherwise, I've gone and bought an expensive paperweight, for what it's going to be worth.

Thank you in advance to any replies, from a desperate, phoneless geezer.

Si.H.
    07-01-2017 04:52 AM
    Good morning guys. I'm having problems with my Moto G 3. I bought it recently off someone through a local online bootsale app, and although he told me it was locked to his carrier, he did me a deal because I would have to buy an unlock code in order to use it with my network. Anyway, I bought the code, turned my phone off, inserted the aim, but when I turned the phone back on there was no option for me to enter the unlock code. I'm not sure why this is but needless to say, I'm abit gutted. I've tried to get in contact with the person who sold me the phone, but they haven't replied to me. So I was hoping that someone would know how to bring up the screen for me to input the unlock code. Otherwise, I've gone and bought an expensive paperweight, for what it's going to be worth.

Thank you in advance to any replies, from a desperate, phoneless geezer.

Si.H.
    What carrier was the phone locked to, and what carrier's SIM are you trying to put in the device? In some cases you don't have to unlock... for example, the phone is locked to GoPhone, you can put a Cricket SIM in the device and just go with no unlock code needed.
    07-01-2017 09:28 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me. It's locked to Tesco mobile, and I've tried afew different Sims in it but with no luck. I've even tried a new Tesco mobile sim and it still just says 'mobile network not available'. I reckon the guy I bought it from has declared it lost/stolen in order to claim from his insurance, the dodgy git!?! Anyway, as I was saying, it's locked to Tesco mobile and I've tried an EE, a new Tesco mobile and the Sim that I'd like to stay with is Sky mobile as my dad has gone and got me a good deal on a Sim only package.
    07-02-2017 01:21 AM
    phone tesco and ask them to check if the phone has been declared as stolen
    07-02-2017 02:31 AM