Person on Other End of Phone Call Getting Echo (Only With Me)

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend (iPhone) says her voice echos when she talks to me on my G3, and only happens with me. Has anyone had this happen, and did you find a cure?

We tried rebooting each of our phones, and I turned off my batter savers, still happens.

EDIT: Realized it only happens when I use regular phone mode, it does not happen with speaker phone on, if that helps narrow the problem.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do either of you have a case on the phone? If so, take them off. Sometimes, a case that blocks the secondary mic might interfere with the noise cancellation feature. Or try turning off noise cancellation, if you have that option in the Call Settings.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Nothing to do with the phone, it's the line.

Thanks for the replies. Is there anything that can be done? (She is on T-Mobile, I'm on Cricket (which uses AT&T).

And does the fact that it only happens when I use the regular phone mode and not the speakerphone still mean that it is the line and not the phone?

It has just started recently, and she says it only happens with me. Haven't spoken with anyone else on a cell phone recently to see if it happens to anyone else when talking to me.

We have cases but have had them for a long time, and this just started so yeah, don't think that is the problem.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a number of threads posted here where echoes were related to a case. It's a simple matter of testing the calls without the case -- if the echo still happens, then you can move on to the next solution.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not the case (tried taking them off anyway). Discovered it goes away when she turns the speaker phone on and off, so at least there's a workaround. No idea what would cause that.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend (iPhone) says her voice echos when she talks to me on my G3, and only happens with me. Has anyone had this happen, and did you find a cure?

We tried rebooting each of our phones, and I turned off my batter savers, still happens.

EDIT: Realized it only happens when I use regular phone mode, it does not happen with speaker phone on, if that helps narrow the problem.
This will sound odd, but take the back cover off remove the battery, and blowout inside some. Had the issue with that on my LG v20, remove the back and Battery blew it out and it stopped.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This will sound odd, but take the back cover off remove the battery, and blowout inside some. Had the issue with that on my LG v20, remove the back and Battery blew it out and it stopped.

? The battery is not removable on the G3. I took off the snap-off back cover and removed the sim card and blew into the slot just in case that will help. Will see.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I see, keep us posted.

Still happening, happened to someone on a land line too, so pretty sure it will happen to anyone I am on a call with. Just started within the last week. Once it was so loud I heard the echo from their phone.

Goes away only when I am on speakerphone. Very annoying, if it doesn't stop I may have to consider getting a new phone.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just checking -- did you already try looking for that Noise Reduction setting?

I don't think there is a way to change that on the Moto G3 (2015), not that I see anyway.

Also to make sure, the other people hear THEIR voice echoed, not mine, in case that makes a difference.

And I learned that it doesn't happen everywhere. Over the weekend I was in a different location within the city than where the echo was happening and it didn't happen, but I believe it HAS happened in more than one location. Strange and annoying.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Original poster here. That first time it eventually stopped, but it has been happening again for a couple of weeks now (person on other end hears their own voice echoing, goes away when I go to speakerphone, happens to everyone including on land lines, no matter where I am). Am I the only person with this problem? Very annoying, would hate to have to buy a new phone because of this since everything else is working fine.

Looks like someone else had this problem, on a different carrier (I'm on Cricket): https://forums.republicwireless.com/t/moto-g-and-echo-problems/10210/34

And someone else, who said it started with a FEB 2017 update. Maybe there are some defective units and I got one. Fun. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G...oice-echo-moto-g3-with-android-6/td-p/3728739

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac