Any way to hide the padlock icon from lockscreen?

Netherthorpe

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Moto G 2915 3rd gen, Android 6.0.1.

Phone security isn't much of an issue in my circumstances, and for speed I simply unlock with am upward swipe. When I turn on/wake the phone, there's always a padlock icon at the bottom. When touched, it tells me to swipe up to unlock. As I already know this, it seems to be an extra bit of help for opportunist passers-by who may not have encountered this phone before. Is there any way to disable/hide this icon, while still being able to swipe up to unlock?

I've trawled the phone and Nova settings and searched the web without finding any clue. Any ideas?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Moto G 2915 3rd gen, Android 6.0.1.

Phone security isn't much of an issue in my circumstances, and for speed I simply unlock with am upward swipe. When I turn on/wake the phone, there's always a padlock icon at the bottom. When touched, it tells me to swipe up to unlock. As I already know this, it seems to be an extra bit of help for opportunist passers-by who may not have encountered this phone before. Is there any way to disable/hide this icon, while still being able to swipe up to unlock?

I've trawled the phone and Nova settings and searched the web without finding any clue. Any ideas?
No, unless you root/ROM and go to a custom lock screen.

You are contradicting yourself though... "security isn't much of an issue in my circumstances" but at the same time you are concerned someone might pick it up and that little bit of info would make a difference. Regardless, perhaps you should setup a PIN and then use Smart Lock for locations such as home, work, school, or wherever you don't need that security.

Netherthorpe

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks acejavelin - that's answered my question. I haven't rooted the phone yet, and it's not a good time to risk it in my case. I thought the padlock thing might just delay a casual thief for a brief but crucial time, but I do realise a PIN is much better.

My particular setup and neighbourhood happen to be very secure (also, I miss enough calls due to the weak mobile signal, without adding any complications). My phone security really only comes into play about twice a year, on holiday in London, England (and en route). I've always been careful then not to give people opportunities to take the phone. (I can't believe the people I see walking, even in Oxford Street, with a phone sticking out of their back pocket, but then I am a Londoner!). But I will start using a PIN on my travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol