Setting up a Moto G3 for kid use

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to set up my Moto 3G running Android 6 in the US, for kids to watch Youtube Kids video exclusively. The phone will not be used for phone calls, messaging, social media, and for at least a while gaming.
Currently I have installed the Youtube kids app and the Family Link app. It seems to work fairly well with 2 exceptions.
Number 1: I have not seen any way to restrict access to the apps drawer from the home screen. I would at like to, at least remove the icon from the Home Screen. Is there a way to do this?
Number 2: I do not see a button or other way to close the Youtube Kids app. The only way to close the app that I have found is by turning the phone off. Also, I can not see a way to turn off a video, although I can play, pause and switch to other videos.
Thanks in advance for any help.

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. Will try Nova Launcher
2. I can not see the square recent apps icon while in the Youtube kids app. I can not see the home icon or the return icon either while in the app

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. Will try Nova Launcher
2. I can not see the square recent apps icon while in the Youtube kids app. I can not see the home icon or the return icon either while in the app
Swipe up from the bottom... The back, home, and recents button should appear.

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. They helped.
1.I did give a half-heated attempt to use Nova Launcher then decided not to use it.
2. When I swipe from the bottom in landscape during a video, I can see a "thumbnails" of other videos at the bottom. a back button in the upper left corner, a chromecast icon on the upper right, and a setting icon on the lower right hand corner.
If I swipe from the right-hand side of the screen I can see the back, home, and recent button. The app seems to close when any of those are tapped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12