I picked up the amazon ads one for $125. Seems like the best deal out there. The g4 plus is $250 granted with gc, but still is quite a bit more
    07-01-2016 05:28 PM
    I went with the plus. I went 4/64 GB. I like having the extra on board storage. Waiting for it to get here!
    frank-barnett and mrsmumbles like this.
    07-16-2016 10:35 AM
    If it was my primary phone then I would probably get the 64/4 too
    07-16-2016 11:23 AM
    my vzw LG G3 died and I tried to move over to an iphone 6s plus on Sprint, but the network was so wretched horrible, and I just didn't feel right with iOS, that I switched back and was using an old Droid Razr Maxx for a week before I couldn't take it anymore.

I was thinking about getting a used phone or an older phone, but I just said the G4 Plus at $300 with the Amazon Gift card was a great deal, and the biggest complaints about the phone are its build (e.g., case), then I don't care as long as the screen is solid and it can make calls and get emails without having me want to throw the phone onto the ground. I've always kept my phones in thick plastic/rubber cases anyway. I don't care for etched metal and polished glass.
    07-21-2016 08:33 AM
    Its an awesome device! You will enjoy it.
    07-22-2016 01:50 PM
    I picked up a G4 yesterday from Best Buy ($199) with a $50 gift card. Since I will be using the temporarily it will get the job done and will be given to my son. So far it's a solid device. But given that I'm on Sprint, I have yet to connect it because no Sprint store within the immediate area has, or wants to give me, the SIM card needed to activate the device on the network.
    07-24-2016 06:36 PM
    Wow, that sucks
    07-24-2016 09:09 PM
    I picked up a G4 yesterday from Best Buy ($199) with a $50 gift card. Since I will be using the temporarily it will get the job done and will be given to my son. So far it's a solid device. But given that I'm on Sprint, I have yet to connect it because no Sprint store within the immediate area has, or wants to give me, the SIM card needed to activate the device on the network.
    Sorry to hear this! Sprint CS was good most of the time I had them. However, that was 6-7 years ago now. We are now on att and we have no contract and never will again! Att has been great to us over the years though. With little to no real problems.
    07-25-2016 07:13 AM
    Quick update: Received the new SIM from Sprint for my G4 and was able to activate the device via automated phone system. A little inconvenience, but up and running now.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-27-2016 10:33 PM
    Glad it's working!
    07-27-2016 11:00 PM
    I chose the G4. I had a Moto X Pure Edition to try out Android (my primary driver is the Lumia 950 XL) and ended up selling it. I bought a Moto G4 Plus 64/4 for a decent price but after reading all the overheating issues I decided to save some money and got the G4 32/2 from Amazon. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
    07-29-2016 04:15 PM
    I chose the G4. I had a Moto X Pure Edition to try out Android (my primary driver is the Lumia 950 XL) and ended up selling it. I bought a Moto G4 Plus 64/4 for a decent price but after reading all the overheating issues I decided to save some money and got the G4 32/2 from Amazon. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
    We have had the G4+ for about 2 weeks now and we have seen no slow downs at all. The wife doesn't play any heavy games though. So for what she needs from it fit pretty perfectly. I know she would have liked a smaller screen but otherwise it has the RAM/space she needed. I think over all she will keep it for a good 2 years before she replaces it again. Its a great deal IMO even at the full $299 price tag.
    08-01-2016 07:35 AM
    The g4 and g4 plus have the same heat issues.
    08-01-2016 10:09 PM
    The g4 and g4 plus have the same heat issues.
    I have been using the G4 for a couple of days now and it does not heat as much as I expected, actually not much at all really. The reports of the G4 Plus heating may be due to the enhanced camera processing due to the upgraded camera. In fact my 950 XL heats (warms) more during charging than the G4.
    08-01-2016 10:34 PM
    I'm sure we will see some patches to come to help out with the issue. The phone is great otherwise but we have not seen any over heating issues as of yet.
    08-02-2016 08:24 AM
    I have been using the G4 for a couple of days now and it does not heat as much as I expected, actually not much at all really. The reports of the G4 Plus heating may be due to the enhanced camera processing due to the upgraded camera. In fact my 950 XL heats (warms) more during charging than the G4.
    The camera is only one instance. There are other overheating issues discussed in this forum like using the phone for gps navigation while charging.

I would also bet playing cpu demanding games for extended periods of time time on a hot summer day outside would also cause problems.
    08-02-2016 09:41 AM
    The camera is only one instance. There are other overheating issues discussed in this forum like using the phone for gps navigation while charging.

I would also bet playing cpu demanding games for extended periods of time time on a hot summer day outside would also cause problems.
    The phone does act up while charging and doing anything in parallel. I did use maps yesterday for navigation and while the phone did eat up the battery quickly, it didn't heat up but was warm at most. I'll try using offline navigation using Here Maps instead of Google and see if it's the constant Network + GPS usage doing this as opposed to just using offline GPS. For gaming, I've tried Asphalt 8 and Injustice and it was still pale warm.

I've had a real positive experience with this device overall, great battery life and screen, no sluggish behavior and everything works great. If the camera were not average (for the price its great) I would have kept this as my daily driver (it is since a week). I'm switching on to the 6P next week.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    08-07-2016 01:36 PM