Wakelock Detector (no root required)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed wakelock Detector to see if it would work, and it does work although you need usb debugging enabled and you need to check the box on the security key box that pops up. I didn't see the security key box at first so I revoked usb debugging authorizations in developer options, unplugged the cable,and plugged if back in and it worked.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...umapps.wakelockdetector.noroot&token=OuxM1Oa-

For those that need a little more detail :
-Go to settings - about phone and tap on the build number 7 times to enable developer options.
-Go to developer options and enable usb debugging.
-go to the command prompt and type "adb devices" and make sure that you see your device
-type "adb tcpip 5555"
-use the wakelock Detector app from the play store

Installing the Android SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux: A tutorial Installing the Android SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux: A tutorial | Android Central

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Have you had success with this on other phones?
It should in theory work on any device 4.4 or higher without root... But I found it to bea mixed bag. Works with some, not with others. Also, adb is very finicky.

The bad thing is without root, you gotta redo the adb thing each time you reboot the phone. Though, this shouldn't be a big issue as you should only need to use it when you have a wakelock issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz