Gaming experiences on Moto G4

rijc99

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
How's gaming on the Moto G4?

Specifically mainly Clash of Clans and a little of PokemonGo.

Looking for first hand experiences on performance and battery life.

Thanks.

rijc99

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I ended up picking up a G4 from Bestbuy to try. It's my first Android phone since back when I switched from the very first Verizon Droid to iOS.

Performance on Clash of Clans is not bad when compared to my daily carry iPhone 6S. There is some lag when a raid hits it peak and the graphics are kicking in. Battery life seems fine for what I'm using it for (Mini mini cellular tablet). Heat doesn't seem to be an issue.

Multi user accounts capability is pretty nice although doubling installing apps is probably going to kill my memory space fast. Screen is amazing for the price and kinda puts my 6S's screen to shame. GPS doesn't seem to work perfectly because the Smart Unlock doesn't always detect I'm at home. While sitting in my living room, it varies my location from on the street in the back, street in the front, neighbor's house, etc.

I also tried my wife's Pokemon Go account on the G4. The game works fine but the avatar's positioning isn't smooth and bounces from place to place due to the GPS.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
for the games I play(mekorama, 2048, angry birds, cartoon wars, Sega Genesis emulator, Doom 1 and 2, city racing 3d, smash hit) it's perfectly fine. I did try Asphalt 8 after reading that it was laggy on the g⁴ plus and it is kinda laggy with low frame rates. Kind of a bummer, but then again, my taste in games doesn't require much, so I'm alright.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
You have to be careful when trying to assess how an Android smartphone handles graphically intensive games. I have found that sometimes it's not the device but the app and how it is optimized. When I played Modern Combat on my Note 7 it played better than when I played it in my Moto G4 Plus, but Real Racing 3 plays better on my Moto G4 Plus than the Note 7 and Note 5. Dead Trigger played perfectly. Gods of Rome played perfectly. Mortal Kombat I'd smoother on the Note 7, but not bad on the G4 Plus. Shadow Fight 2 is awesome on the G4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith