I went in to a Verizon store today and the rep (who actually seemed to know what he was doing) said that this was a prepaid phone, meaning I had to have a prepaid account for it to work. In other words, he said that this can't be activated on my current Verizon plan.

Does this sound correct? I can't just take the SIM card out of my Turbo 2 and shove in the G4 Play to use as my daily driver? Then just swap it back and forth between the 2 phones as desired?
    10-17-2016 08:17 PM
    If the G4 Play is indeed a prepaid phone, then yes, what he said is correct for Verizon. I think there is something they can do on their end after you've used it as a prepaid phone for many months to convert it to a postpaid plan however, without this, you will most likely hose your sim and have to go through a long and painful process to get a new one working again (past experience from earlier this year). I tried doing this with one of the cheap prepaid Verizon phones.
    10-25-2016 03:32 PM
    I purchased a G4 Play from Motorola directly, removed my sim from my current verizon phone, inserted into the G4 Play and it was working without any further actions. Brilliant & cheap phone.
    Not that it should matter...I'm on a Family share UDP plan.
    10-27-2016 09:51 PM
    I purchased a G4 Play from Motorola directly, removed my sim from my current verizon phone, inserted into the G4 Play and it was working without any further actions. Brilliant & cheap phone.
    Not that it should matter...I'm on a Family share UDP plan.
    I think that would be the Moto G4 Play unlocked as opposed to the really cheap prepaid version ($65 at Best Buy this week) that will most likely mess your sim up.
    11-02-2016 10:25 AM
    There are two Moto G Plays that will work on Verizon, the Verizon Prepaid and the Unlocked (not just GSM).

The unlocked one will work with no issues.

The Verizon Prepaid will need to be used on a prepaid line before it can be used on a postpaid line.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=638505
    12-03-2016 06:12 PM