Can I Use the G4 Play on an existing Verizon account?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I went in to a Verizon store today and the rep (who actually seemed to know what he was doing) said that this was a prepaid phone, meaning I had to have a prepaid account for it to work. In other words, he said that this can't be activated on my current Verizon plan.

Does this sound correct? I can't just take the SIM card out of my Turbo 2 and shove in the G4 Play to use as my daily driver? Then just swap it back and forth between the 2 phones as desired?

nmercy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
If the G4 Play is indeed a prepaid phone, then yes, what he said is correct for Verizon. I think there is something they can do on their end after you've used it as a prepaid phone for many months to convert it to a postpaid plan however, without this, you will most likely hose your sim and have to go through a long and painful process to get a new one working again (past experience from earlier this year). I tried doing this with one of the cheap prepaid Verizon phones.

maniakman

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a G4 Play from Motorola directly, removed my sim from my current verizon phone, inserted into the G4 Play and it was working without any further actions. Brilliant & cheap phone.
Not that it should matter...I'm on a Family share UDP plan.

nmercy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a G4 Play from Motorola directly, removed my sim from my current verizon phone, inserted into the G4 Play and it was working without any further actions. Brilliant & cheap phone.
Not that it should matter...I'm on a Family share UDP plan.

I think that would be the Moto G4 Play unlocked as opposed to the really cheap prepaid version ($65 at Best Buy this week) that will most likely mess your sim up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca