Battery Stuck at 100%

A

AC Question

Hi All

New to the forum, thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

I've a Moto G3 which has worked perfectly until recently. For a couple of weeks now the battery indicator is stuck at 100%. The battery depletes as normal but only ever shows 100%. I'm on android 6.0.1 (I recently updated from Lolipop but no change to this issue), I've cleared the cache partition, I've run a battery calibration app. I'm keen to avoid a full factory reset just for the hassle of losing everything on the phone. Has anyone any ideas of anything else I can try?

Thanks

NB

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! One way to try recalibrating the battery sensor software is to charge up to 100%, then use the phone until it shuts down automatically from low battery. Then charge up again to 100%. Now see if the problem persists.

NB99

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I think this happened to me last week (by accident - battery just ran out with no warning, still showing 100%!) but I'll try it again tonight/tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Are you using any battery monitor app? Do you get the same readings? You could try safe mode to make sure that there's not a conflict with any third party app.

Also, you could try resetting app preferences in settings - apps - three dots top right and then restart the phone.

NB99

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi Javier

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes 3rd party battery monitor apps also show 100%, as does the phone's battery monitor even in safe mode. Resetting app preference didn't fix it either. I don't have developer options or system UI Tuner enabled.

If you've any other suggestions I'd be happy to try them and thanks for your thoughts so far.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Javier

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes 3rd party battery monitor apps also show 100%, as does the phone's battery monitor even in safe mode. Resetting app preference didn't fix it either. I don't have developer options or system UI Tuner enabled.

If you've any other suggestions I'd be happy to try them and thanks for your thoughts so far.

That's not good news :( It could be easier if safe mode fixed the problem. Anyway, you could try wiping the cache partition from recovery before going nuclear and hit factory reset. I've read several reports about a similar issue and only a factory reset managed to fix it.

If the cache partition wipe doesn't fix the problem you could also try clearing data for the settings app as a last resort before factory reset.

NB99

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Already tried wiping Cache Partition - no joy. Tried to clear data for settings app but no change either. If I do try the full factory reset, is there any app (maybe linked to a laptop for example) that saves all my apps and memory that saves me having to reloads everything manually afterwards? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any good all-in-one backup and restore app. You could use Helium to backup your app data. I always recommend taking advantage of your Google services to make sure that data is synced to your Google account in the cloud (i.e., using Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Photos, Google Keep, etc.). For SMS, use SMS Backup & Restore.

NB99

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks B Diddy. Have to work out if keeping it as is or doing a factory reset is the lower hassle solution. If/when I do it I'll update how it goes in case anyone else with a similar problem finds this post.

Riyabul

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Problem is Solved .
That is Problem to changed Display. That means, Changed Display quality is poor.

It's not Hardware Problem..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but what "Changed Display" setting are you talking about, and how would that affect the battery level reporting?

Goncalo Falcao

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but what "Changed Display" setting are you talking about, and how would that affect the battery level reporting?

Hello, i'm new to this forum. I nas the same problem (battery stuck at 100%) and chat comment helped me. So, i can answer your question.
Yeasterday i turned on the option "reduce resolution to save energy" in the "screen power saver" under the battery options, and today my Huawei had this very same problem (battery always at 100%). When i found this forum i remember that box that i checked yeasterday and changed it back. Now, the problem is solved. Battery level change in the mobile screen when battery is being used.

Best regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the clarification! That's an interesting little side effect of the feature. Send some feedback to Huawei about it -- I doubt they intended that to happen!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae