I have had my Moto G4 for a little over a year now. A few months ago, my phone has been experiencing ghost touching here and there.

Now, it has gotten worse. I have noticed that it only happens when I take it outside and sunlight directly or at times indirectly shines on it.

When I'm inside of a building or under the shade of a tree (ceiling, umbrella, etc) it works just fine. This goes for any other activity, including charging.

I went to a phone repairer who said the screen needs to be replaced, however, I want more input because it could be something else.
    07-19-2017 03:22 PM
    I feel you, I had to send my g⁴plus back twice because of the ghost touch. Now as of this month my year warranty is up and the placement g⁴plus I have now will ghost touch sometimes too, mainly if I'm using another charger and try to do stuff while plugged in. I just think that unfortunately this is an issue most of us will have to deal with using this phone. For most, simply turning off and on again will make it go away for a while..
    Over the year of owning it, the following has seemed to help others..
    1. try a new case / screen protector (some cases don't vent enough heat and may trigger ghost touch, some protectors are said to set off ghost touch)
    2. Try using only the Motorola chargers for the phone.
    3. if under warranty send it for a replacement
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-20-2017 10:54 AM
    I kept waiting too long to send mine back in. I should be on my third (at least) G4. It makes me sad that Motorola didn't make changes to the device. If it was a known issue and the G5 was out and the issue resolved, why not send out G5 instead.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    08-17-2017 06:26 PM
    Mine got really bad with ghost touches last April, several months after I bought it. I didn't want to send it back. What helps is just to turn the screen off and on a few times. I think it's a hardware design flaw - the letters that pour out of the keyboard are the ones right over the sim and sd cards
    09-08-2017 05:18 PM