Moto G (2nd generation) with 4G LTE fails to shut down

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
nope that does not do it, and it is a third party app fyi.

I am 6 the highest this phone can do.
Just to be sure, your problem is that some times the power button doesn't work, right? Do you have many apps installed on the SD card? Do you have any third party app like Screen Off & Lock?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, have you set any shortcut for the power button, like opening the camera after two clicks or anything similar?

ChangeAgent

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Good morning.

Just to be sure, your problem is that some times the power button doesn't work, right? Do you have many apps installed on the SD card? Do you have any third party app like Screen Off & Lock?

I would not say it that way. It always works. However to turn the phone of I need to push the power button. It vibrates and shows the white box to turn the phone of, that is if all is well. If it is not well it vibrates and does not give me the white button. So at this point I have no way to turn the phone of.

Also, have you set any shortcut for the power button, like opening the camera after two clicks or anything similar?

Not that I am aware of, I did not even know you could do such a thing.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Good morning.

I would not say it that way. It always works. However to turn the phone of I need to push the power button. It vibrates and shows the white box to turn the phone of, that is if all is well. If it is not well it vibrates and does not give me the white button. So at this point I have no way to turn the phone of.

Not that I am aware of, I did not even know you could do such a thing.
That probably discards a hardware problem then. It could be a glitch in the firmware, some incompatibility with an app that you downloaded or maybe a problem with the SD card.

Can you temporarily dismount the SD card and see if the problem persists? This could be tricky if you have moved many apps to the card, though.

IIRC in some Moto models you can boot in safe mode and still open third party apps when you need them. If that's the case, you could do that and see what happens.

ChangeAgent

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
That probably discards a hardware problem then. It could be a glitch in the firmware, some incompatibility with an app that you downloaded or maybe a problem with the SD card.

Can you temporarily dismount the SD card and see if the problem persists? This could be tricky if you have moved many apps to the card, though.

that would eb tricky indeed. But I could give it a try. Would you know if I do that if it than bums up everything once I put it back?

IIRC in some Moto models you can boot in safe mode and still open third party apps when you need them. If that's the case, you could do that and see what happens.

I would need to try to see if this is so. Am away form the phone right now, will try later as a first step.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
that would eb tricky indeed. But I could give it a try. Would you know if I do that if it than bums up everything once I put it back?

I would need to try to see if this is so. Am away form the phone right now, will try later as a first step.
You mean that you have apps on the SD card, right? It's possible that the card is starting to fail. If you have enough internal storage you could move some of the apps from the card, specially those that could be interfering with the power button action.

I always recommend not to move apps to the SD card to avoid problems, a failing card can create weird problems difficult to troubleshoot.

ChangeAgent

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
You mean that you have apps on the SD card, right? It's possible that the card is starting to fail. If you have enough internal storage you could move some of the apps from the card, specially those that could be interfering with the power button action.

I always recommend not to move apps to the SD card to avoid problems, a failing card can create weird problems difficult to troubleshoot.

is there a way to check the health of the card?

I have the card since internal memory is little on this phone.

But I see what cn be done. how do I see how much memory is available internally?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
is there a way to check the health of the card?

I have the card since internal memory is little on this phone.

But I see what cn be done. how do I see how much memory is available internally?
You can check available storage in settings - storage unless you set the card as adoptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy