Why does Play Store crash other apps

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Play Store regularly causes other apps to suddenly close without any warning. I don't even get a crash pop-up, they're just gone. If I'm playing music while updating another app, the music will just stop. I'll look, and it's not even running in another tab anywhere, the whole app has just immediately disappeared (not to say disappeared from the phone, but I mean without a crash report, it just stops and closes itself as though nothing happened). This occurs maybe 50% of the time or more when using Play Store. Today, the Play Store, itself, crashed, after shutting down my music twice.

Moto G5 Plus
Play Store ver. 20.1.17 (most recent)
Android 8.1 (most recent I can put on this phone)

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
That doesn't always matter. There could be common files, directories, security code, etc.
Does it ever happen out of the blue, or just updating?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you get any error messages at all, or do apps just simply dump you back to the homescreen? How do you know the Play Store is responsible?

Do you have any apps installed that claim to "clean" your phone, "boost" your RAM, or "save" your battery? (I use quotes because the exceedingly large majority of those kinds of apps do nothing of the sort.) If so, get rid of them and see if the problem persists?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay