Currently have a Moto G5 Plus. Always had a problem with the volume. Ready to buy another but, am hesitant to buy a G series again. Other than the volume, no problems with the phone. Any suggestions?
    06-25-2020 11:07 AM
    It's always tough to recommend a new phone to someone else, we all have preferences and different opinions. What carrier do you use? What price range are you looking for, a good mid-range or a top of the line flagship model? Do you like a glass back or a plastic / polycarbonate back?
    06-25-2020 11:11 AM
    My Carrier is US Mobile & it works fine with my Moto G5 Plus. I want to stay under $300 & want display size 5.5 or 5.7.
    No glass back. My only concern with buying another Moto is the volume. Now that I work from home, I need a phone with good call volume. My current Moto G5 does not have good volume and never did. I don't take a lot of pictures, play games, listen to music, watch movies or tv on it. Only use internet for shopping & social media.
    06-25-2020 11:30 AM
    The Moto G8 series has gotten a lot of good reviews and might be in that price range. I think there are like 6 or 7 different models in the G8 line right now. If any new phone died have volume issues like that within the first 12 months, request a warranty replacement. You shouldn't have to live with a phone that has issues like that, especially when still within warranty.

The Pixel 3a is another great choice in that price range. And I'm sure there are many other options.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2020 11:43 AM
    Thank you!!
    06-25-2020 11:51 AM
    I agree with Scott337's recommendations, and would second the Pixel 3a, which gives you the added benefit of guaranteed monthly security patches and major system version updates through May 2022 (as well as the superb Pixel camera -- I know you said you don't take many pictures, but the camera's quality and ease of use might change your habits!). It's not currently on sale, but it has been reduced to $279 a few times recently. B&H has the 3a XL for $319 right now (but it's sold out and on back order): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...RoCBecQAvD_BwE

If you want to try something new, TCL's new phone has gotten some decent reviews, although I've heard the screen isn't great (which is odd, considering TCL made its name selling decent TVs at low prices). $211 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/TCL-Unlocked-...cUvbUpU6809280
    Scott337 likes this.
    06-25-2020 12:09 PM
    The Pixel 3a is great, my wife loves hers and she's definitely not the tech geek in the family (that would be me...). She does love the Google camera since she takes a lot of pictures. But she also likes it because it's a Pixel so it's stock Android, not overly complicated with a heavy theme, easy to navigate around the Settings, etc.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2020 12:40 PM
    one of the reasons i was drawn to the g power was the dolby stereo speakers. Its fast enough to stream to my chromecast with out buffering and watching stuff on the phone is nice with the 6.4" screen is nice and the battery life is epic. I dont think i could have found a better phone for $249 (moto) i don't think.

And when people bring up the OS updates i say well there are a lot of other phones out there that get less updates slower or none at all b/c there carrier or budget phones. I get security updates regularly and thats what counts more than OS updates IMO.
    06-26-2020 05:10 PM