Moto G Power screen material question, what is it?

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Moto G Power has Gorilla Glass, ar any type of glass screen? Someone at Google Fi said it was Gorilla Glass 5, which I doubt, but hope. The specs on the Moto site don't say, so I have no idea. Tried the chat at the moto site, and they were no help at all.

Thanks, in advance!

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I talked to chat support today, and they're clueless. One gave the link to the specs, which I had already seen, and show nothing. Then they said they'd look into it and email me. That didn't happen. So now, I have no idea. I appreciate the reply!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I talked to chat support today, and they're clueless. One gave the link to the specs, which I had already seen, and show nothing. Then they said they'd look into it and email me. That didn't happen. So now, I have no idea. I appreciate the reply!
Yeah was looking up the specs on few websites and none mentioned it, I'm going with not likely GG 5, your welcome!

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Yeah was looking up the specs on few websites and none mentioned it, I'm going with not likely GG 5, your welcome!

I agree. That's a good additional selling point, if it's used, so I doubt they'd forget to list that in the specs. I still wonder about the NEG Nippon Electric Glass, but maybe I'll email them and ask them. If it's any kind of glass, opposed to plastic, it's a plus.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree. That's a good additional selling point, if it's used, so I doubt they'd forget to list that in the specs. I still wonder about the NEG Nippon Electric Glass, but maybe I'll email them and ask them. If it's any kind of glass, opposed to plastic, it's a plus.
Yeah see what they respond , I'm curious also :)

pyramid1

Apr 12, 2021
Visit site
I highly doubt its Gorilla glass 5, but I've dropped mine twice (hardwood floor, concrete sidewalk) with no issues..and thats with a slim, clear case. The reason I doubt it's gg5 is because of cost..even at release these werent expensive phones..but it could have an older version of Gorilla glass, and thats fine by me since I've never cracked any android phone with Corning glass installed.