Text issues with unlocked Moto G Power

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my daughter-in-law an unlocked Moto G Power to use with her AT&T Sim. She is having issues with text and calls. When she sends me a text, it goes through immediately. When she tries to text someone else, it says waiting for connection, and then takes up to an hour to send the text. She can't make any phone calls at all. She can't receive any phone calls at all. She can get on the internet though. Her APN settings are exactly the same as mine. Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Update. She went into town and was able to call or text anyone she wants. I suspect it's her location that is causing the issues. She tried to go to AT&T to get a new Sim, hers is old, and they refused to give her one. Said she would have to buy an AT&T branded phone. Rather rediculous in my opinion. Almost every phone they have is $600 or more. I will be driving up to her location to come up with another option for her and taking the unlocked phone back to Best Buy. Thank you for all of the suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure VoLTE is turned on -- go to Settings>Network>Mobile Network​ and see if there's a VoLTE toggle there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update. She went into town and was able to call or text anyone she wants. I suspect it's her location that is causing the issues. She tried to go to AT&T to get a new Sim, hers is old, and they refused to give her one. Said she would have to buy an AT&T branded phone. Rather rediculous in my opinion. Almost every phone they have is $600 or more. I will be driving up to her location to come up with another option for her and taking the unlocked phone back to Best Buy. Thank you for all of the suggestions.
They most definitely can replace the sim without buying a phone , call corporate and let them know what the situation is .

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I drove out to her, got the phone, got her a new AT&T branded phone and returned the Motorola phone. It just wasn't worth the hassle anymore. I appreciate everyone's help!
They most definitely can replace the sim without buying a phone , call corporate and let them know what the situation is .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza