Volume when making a call on Moto G Power

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The volume on my new Moto G Power phone, whenever I am making a call, is very low, but when they answer the call, the volume is normal.

I have the volume up at the maximum level.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that when you hear the phone ringing on their side, it sounds soft, but once they answer, it normalizes?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is that with any call you make, or only to certain people? Is it also like that on speakerphone, or when using wired or Bluetooth headphones?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Any call I make it is like that.

Speakerphone it is normal when making a call out.

I have not tried it yet with Bluetooth.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS148713

If it's only making the ringtone softer while you're waiting for the other person to pick up, then at least it's not actually impacting your phone conversations, correct?

I did not try it in safe mode.

It does not impact the actual phone conversation, it only does when waiting for them to answer.

Since I just got the phone, I actually just switched it out.

The new / replacement phone started working normal and then after the 2nd day it did the same thing with the really low volume calling someone, while waiting for them to pickup.

Based on this happening on the second new phone now, unfortunately I think this just might be normal.

I love the phone but having the the really low volume just should not happen.

I'll still keep the phone since overall I like it a lot.

My previous Moto G7 Power with Verizon did not do this though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's still worth testing in Safe Mode, in case some app you habitually install is causing the issue.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My Moto Z4 was the same way when making a call on a Bluetooth device....ringing volume I hear was low, then normal when the other person answered. My Pixel 4XL is the same way also, if I am using Bluetooth.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Strange, but I think that when I call a cell phone it is low when ringing, but when I call a landline it is normal.

Why would that even make sense?

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
In another thread another member discovered that if it's a mobile the ring is very low and if it's a land line the ring is louder. When they answer its fine either way. Just the ring level is low.

Mine is the same, try it.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It is really bizarre that this is considered "normal" to have the outbound ring tone to be really low.

At least I know it is not just my phone.

FLHAWK

May 1, 2021
Visit site
I believe I have figured out the reason for the low dial tone on the Moto G Power. My wife's phone does the same thing and I just recently had it happen to me. My phone for the first few days worked normally, then all of a sudden, my volume level dropped when making a call. For whatever reason, I pushed my volume control button on the side and the screen popped up 2 different volume settings, one of which was all the way down. Now I promise, it was fully up prior to making the call. I raised it up with my finger and could hear the louder ring. I think what is happening is that it automatically drops lower and is a safety feature so that it DOES NOT hurt your hearing.....that's it!!!

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I believe I have figured out the reason for the low dial tone on the Moto G Power. My wife's phone does the same thing and I just recently had it happen to me. My phone for the first few days worked normally, then all of a sudden, my volume level dropped when making a call. For whatever reason, I pushed my volume control button on the side and the screen popped up 2 different volume settings, one of which was all the way down. Now I promise, it was fully up prior to making the call. I raised it up with my finger and could hear the louder ring. I think what is happening is that it automatically drops lower and is a safety feature so that it DOES NOT hurt your hearing.....that's it!!!

I tried this and still no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze