The volume on my new Moto G Power phone, whenever I am making a call, is very low, but when they answer the call, the volume is normal.

I have the volume up at the maximum level.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
    11-27-2020 02:02 PM
    Do you mean that when you hear the phone ringing on their side, it sounds soft, but once they answer, it normalizes?
    11-27-2020 02:12 PM
    Do you mean that when you hear the phone ringing on their side, it sounds soft, but once they answer, it normalizes?
    Correct.

It is very low and then becomes normal after the call is answered.
    11-27-2020 02:14 PM
    Is that with any call you make, or only to certain people? Is it also like that on speakerphone, or when using wired or Bluetooth headphones?
    11-27-2020 02:21 PM
    Any call I make it is like that.

Speakerphone it is normal when making a call out.

I have not tried it yet with Bluetooth.
    11-27-2020 02:25 PM
    Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS148713

If it's only making the ringtone softer while you're waiting for the other person to pick up, then at least it's not actually impacting your phone conversations, correct?
    11-27-2020 04:33 PM
    Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS148713

If it's only making the ringtone softer while you're waiting for the other person to pick up, then at least it's not actually impacting your phone conversations, correct?
    I did not try it in safe mode.

It does not impact the actual phone conversation, it only does when waiting for them to answer.

Since I just got the phone, I actually just switched it out.

The new / replacement phone started working normal and then after the 2nd day it did the same thing with the really low volume calling someone, while waiting for them to pickup.

Based on this happening on the second new phone now, unfortunately I think this just might be normal.

I love the phone but having the the really low volume just should not happen.

I'll still keep the phone since overall I like it a lot.

My previous Moto G7 Power with Verizon did not do this though.
    11-29-2020 09:50 PM
    It's still worth testing in Safe Mode, in case some app you habitually install is causing the issue.
    11-29-2020 10:36 PM
    My Moto Z4 was the same way when making a call on a Bluetooth device....ringing volume I hear was low, then normal when the other person answered. My Pixel 4XL is the same way also, if I am using Bluetooth.
    11-30-2020 08:54 AM
    Strange, but I think that when I call a cell phone it is low when ringing, but when I call a landline it is normal.

Why would that even make sense?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-2020 09:24 AM
    I bought one yesterday and the phones earpiece volume is much lower at max than anything I've ever used this decade.
    12-01-2020 07:11 PM
    In another thread another member discovered that if it's a mobile the ring is very low and if it's a land line the ring is louder. When they answer its fine either way. Just the ring level is low.

Mine is the same, try it.
    Yesterday 04:21 PM