G Power

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Same here bought one yesterday, made a few tweaks as I couldn't handle the gesture gap on the bottom of the screen.
I really like this phone , just a few gripes , no dual or parallel app support natively and also the earpiece device volume is lower than any other device I've ever owned. Battery life is out of this world.
Loses about 1% drain overnight during a 8 hour period. Have many apps that are battery hogs installed as well, Facebook, messenger, WhatsApp, three google accounts , telegram etc

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Same here bought one yesterday, made a few tweaks as I couldn't handle the gesture gap on the bottom of the screen.
I really like this phone , just a few gripes , no dual or parallel app support natively and also the earpiece device volume is lower than any other device I've ever owned. Battery life is out of this world.
Loses about 1% drain overnight during a 8 hour period. Have many apps that are battery hogs installed as well, Facebook, messenger, WhatsApp, three google accounts , telegram etc
I found the ear piece to be a bit lower also.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I was doing some research on this matter. Came across a big thread on the official Lenovo forums, discussing this matter on another Motorola G model from a year or so ago. The bottom line was they did this intentionally to prevent hearing damage
I found the ear piece to be a bit lower also.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I was doing some research on this matter. Came across a big thread on the official Lenovo forums, discussing this matter on another Motorola G model from a year or so ago. The bottom line was they did this intentionally to prevent hearing damage

A side note, the speaker phone part is excellent

jgandroid

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought two (1 for each of my parents who are 70) and they work great. Perfect for those who don't want or forget to charge every night. I used it quite a bit compared to my s20 and thought it was comparable. I love Motorola software but wish they would release a phone with wireless charging and IP rating that isn't a big red exclusive. Must haves for me. As soon as they do, I'm going Moto.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought two (1 for each of my parents who are 70) and they work great. Perfect for those who don't want or forget to charge every night. I used it quite a bit compared to my s20 and thought it was comparable. I love Motorola software but wish they would release a phone with wireless charging and IP rating that isn't a big red exclusive. Must haves for me. As soon as they do, I'm going Moto.
Yep. I got one for a friend and my mom and liked it so much I got one for myself. I always did like the other motos that I had before I got the Nokia

John Seger

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
lI bought the unlocked Moto G Power a month after launch. It's my 3rd Moto phone. I started with an iPhone, then an HTC and a Samsung Galaxy. When it broke I got a Moto E series as an emergency to replace the Galaxy until I could afford a new one. I was so impressed with the Moto E that I bought a Moto G6 Play and finally the G Power. It's my daily driver and does everything I need it to do beautifully. I can't believe I wasted so much money on flagship phones. I love my G Power.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
What screen protectors if any are you folks using? I bought a tempered one that doesn't have the front camera cut out , it's bang on average but seems a little short on the sides and top and bottom.
The one I bought from Amazon usa was called Ailun. Also the case I got was a ghosteck, it's nice but the curvature around the sides makes it less easy to grip since the sides have a somewhat triangular shape, resulting in less surface area of contact with fingers or hand.

Last edited:

Fogfrog

Dec 4, 2020
Visit site
I hada samsung a50. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had 2 sets of apps as I like to use google apps and couldn't delete samsung. I carried it in my back pocket and managed to break it.

I bought the G power to replace it. I have had many motos in the past. I do like it but I found I could get a pixel 4a5g for like 230 off trading in my pixel 2. They'd only give like 40 off the reg. 4a so I got the 5g one. I like the screen on the pixel and the camera. I will use the moto g power as a backup. Works great but I do like the screen on the pixel. I like that the moto and pixel are both plain android. I don't care for having to have 2 sets of apps like on samsung or lg.

Aton B

Dec 4, 2020
Visit site
Got a stylus 6 months ago. Not happy with it after being a long time samsung user. It is powerful. The camera lens is good but the cam app seems weak compared to my old phone. High res videos takes a long time to process, even short ones. This makes the camera unavailable. Screen is very brittle. Minor irritable things like the keyboard only having back slash on the surface keys. Keyboards seems unintuitive.... Power is excellent. Screen resolution is excellent. Stylus is good. I really hate they mess up on the small things like not having a note app you can type in and not having a reminder app. Love the charger. I just unplug my Thinkpad and use it's power to fast charge phone; that's awesome as $hit. Cant really speak on sound because mostly use bluetooth headphones. Gestures are AWESOME. Fingerprint is awesome. Memory is PHENOMENAL. Ram is PHENOMENAL.

Will probably replace with midrange samsung next year and use this as dedicated camera. I wanted this to be an awesome phone but I guess I'm spoiled by samsung. I am tempted to try a midrange lenovo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1