Moto g power data issues

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a moto g power, it's a straight talk version about 4 months old. This phone randomly drops to no coverage in an area where I know there's good coverage. On top of that, when I do have good signal, the data speed is almost so slow it's. I mean it times out before it can open a web page half the time. I have changed sim card,Network reset, refreshed the APN, wiped the cache, factory reset and made sure the phone was up to date. Nothing helps. I've seen online that this has been somewhat of an issue with some of the g series. G7,g8,g power. It's there a fix? Any ideas? If not I've got to get a new phone. Thanks in advance.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well it is a Lenovo product.....some models can be great phones and others complete turds. I still use Moto phones because of the crazy low clearance prices, but it's been a crapshoot for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to compare your reception with someone else on the same carrier (I assume it's Straight Talk) in that area?

Also, remember that Straight Talk is an MVNO that uses towers from all of the major carriers. The SIM card you get specifically accesses certain towers (e.g., Verizon vs AT&T towers). So if you have a Straight Talk SIM that uses AT&T towers, and are in an area that Straight Talk has good coverage with Verizon but NOT with AT&T, that might be an explanation as well.