Will Moto G Power (2021) ever get Android 11?

pyramid1

Apr 12, 2021
Visit site
I mean, it was out for some time before this phone was released, I dont understand why it shipped with Android 10? Maybe it's best since some updates break things, but even so I'd like to have the latest OS on a brand new phone.

If such things are carrier specific, (never paid attention before) I'm on Boost Mobile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
It should get Andriod 11 , couldn't find a concrete answer when Google it , but carrier most likely have a say so , India market will probably get the update before US .

pyramid1

Apr 12, 2021
Visit site
Not sure Android 11 has anything I really need, but it would still be nice to have an OS that released in 2020 on a 2021 model phone..

DOCTOREVIL8

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I mean, it was out for some time before this phone was released, I dont understand why it shipped with Android 10? Maybe it's best since some updates break things, but even so I'd like to have the latest OS on a brand new phone.

If such things are carrier specific, (never paid attention before) I'm on Boost Mobile.
Follow this thread on Android 11 updates for Motorola based phones......

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/04/17/motorola-android-11-update/

geagle63

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I just got android 11 a couple days ago on my Moto g stylus doesn't seem like it would take much longer for the g-power.

Dsus4

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I just updated to android 11 on my moto g power. Completely lost access to my SD card as well. Can't find it thru Google files or any other file explorer program. Have a ton of music and other data on it I need. Anyone have any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In the Settings>Storage menu, does it even register that a card is inserted? If not, try removing the card and reinserting it. If it still doesn't detect the card, remove it and insert it into a PC's card reader. If that doesn't even detect it, then the card likely became corrupt at some point. This might have been directly related to the update, but it could also be a coincidence, since SD cards are inherently unreliable, and therefore should never be the sole storage location for important files.

Dsus4

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In the Settings>Storage menu, does it even register that a card is inserted? If not, try removing the card and reinserting it. If it still doesn't detect the card, remove it and insert it into a PC's card reader. If that doesn't even detect it, then the card likely became corrupt at some point. This might have been directly related to the update, but it could also be a coincidence, since SD cards are inherently unreliable, and therefore should never be the sole storage location for important files.

Computer reads the files on the card fine. So I copied them to my hard drive, inserted the micro SD back into my phone and formatted it. Once formatted transferred the files back to the card on the computer. Everything works fine on the phone. Not sure what happened. Also backed up files on my HDD as well. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it working! I've seen this described before, but don't have a specific explanation for it. It seems that every so often, an SD card can become corrupt during an update process, so it may be a reasonable step to unmount and remove an SD card temporarily before doing a system update. This becomes less feasible if the card was formatted as Internal Storage, though.