couple questions on the Moto G

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just had the idea to get my mother a new phone and finally get her out of her iPhone 3g. Now she is no tech person..actually she'd probably be happy with an old dial phone lol but i would like to get her something at least with a slightly bigger screen as shes getting older and basic functions so I thought the Moto G would be perfect . I haven't really researched one bit so my questions are, is this available yet in the US?.. Also she is on AT&T so can we just transfer her number to the phone going to an AT&T corporate store? I'd love to pick one up before Christmas and I think for the price and basic functions, this phone would be perfect to bring her into the current decade.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is available in the US starting...tomorrow, I believe. But I think you could get her a Moto X pretty durn cheap on AT&T...why go with the G?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have an X and love it but honestly shes 65 and could care less about talking to her phone.. Lol. but yeah she just needs a solid device that works. The x IS still double the price. Not that shes not worth it but if shes not gonna use her phone for anything but making calls and checking the news and weather, I dont see the point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have an X and love it but honestly shes 65 and could care less about talking to her phone.. Lol. but yeah she just needs a solid device that works. The x IS still double the price. Not that shes not worth it but if shes not gonna use her phone for anything but making calls and checking the news and weather, I dont see the point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Aaah, got it. My Mom is still rock'n an iPhone 4s she got last year and she only uses it for calls. Keeps saying she's gonna "learn it"...but she's 77, I think she's doing just fine.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I just had the idea to get my mother a new phone and finally get her out of her iPhone 3g. Now she is no tech person..actually she'd probably be happy with an old dial phone lol but i would like to get her something at least with a slightly bigger screen as shes getting older and basic functions so I thought the Moto G would be perfect . I haven't really researched one bit so my questions are, is this available yet in the US?.. Also she is on AT&T so can we just transfer her number to the phone going to an AT&T corporate store? I'd love to pick one up before Christmas and I think for the price and basic functions, this phone would be perfect to bring her into the current decade.

Why not just get your mother a bigger screen phone so that she doesn't have to strain her eyes looking at the screen.