Moto G MMS issues

Sandy Chastain

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having a few issues with MMS. I have turned on the Hangouts. I can get mms from some contacts but others I get a message asking me to touch to download. I tough it and nothing happens. I mean, it tries to load the message but nothing. I am using Straight Talk and I have typed in numerous APN codes and none seem to fix this issue. At this point, since the majority of my contacts can't respond via SMS or MSM to me but I can send to them, I am ready to go back to my old Iphone.
Can anyone help? Did anyone resolve similar issues?
USA

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having a few issues with MMS. I have turned on the Hangouts. I can get mms from some contacts but others I get a message asking me to touch to download. I tough it and nothing happens. I mean, it tries to load the message but nothing. I am using Straight Talk and I have typed in numerous APN codes and none seem to fix this issue. At this point, since the majority of my contacts can't respond via SMS or MSM to me but I can send to them, I am ready to go back to my old Iphone.
USA

Were you an iMessage user?

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
USA

If you came from an iPhone, you likely still have iMessage enabled. Basically, if you ever use iMessage, your phone number gets registered with Apple and from then on anyone with an iPhone that tries to text you will have their message routed through iMessage. If you no longer have an iPhone, those messages just drop into nowhere (or wait for you to come back to an iPhone).

Here are instructions on what you need to do:

Vodafone Support - Deactivating iMessage if you’re switching from iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol