Moto G: Battery glitch?

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery glitch?

theres a reason motorola gave only a usb cable with it. you're meant to charge it from a computer or laptop usb port. chargers can be used but i would get one that gives out same current as a usb port does.

No smartphone are meant to charge with computer or laptop USB port, since 500 mah output gonna take very long time for full charge. Only thing Moto doesnt ship with charger is to save few bucks and can keep low pricetag on Moto g.
Im using Samsungs 2 Amps chargers and got no problem with battery on Moto G.
Just need to recalibrate the battery and there are few on playstore that can the job.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

No smartphone are meant to charge with computer or laptop USB port, since 500 mah output gonna take very long time for full charge. Only thing Moto doesnt ship with charger is to save few bucks and can keep low pricetag on Moto g.
Im using Samsungs 2 Amps chargers and got no problem with battery on Moto G.
Just need to recalibrate the battery and there are few on playstore that can the job.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

No it doesn't as I charge mine with a 500 charger and it took 2 hours 10 mins from 10% to fully charged last night.

budweiser

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Same thing just happened to me. I picked up my Moto G from a Boost Mobile store on Wednesday, it actually came with a charger in the box that I been using. I charged the phone up to 100% Thursday, then yesterday till about 50% during the day and then up to a 100% at night. When I went to bed the phone was at about 90%, and I left it on with WiFi on. I get up in the morning the phone is off and when I turned it on its at 1%. It's been charging for about 20 minutes and it's only at 15% now. When I look at the battery usage my drop isn't as steep as the one posted in the picture in the original post, I wonder if it's something else that can cause it? An app maybe?

wareagleash

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
My batt has been top notch since day one. I'm heavy user for phone, text, and emails every day of the week. Don't do a lot of gaming but will check twitter and so forth. I normally get full day on single charge during week and never charge over weekend. Today I'm out of town. Charged all night and left hotel at 99%. Sent a few emails and texts but nothing out of ordinary. Reached in my pocket about 10am to see flashing 1%! Crazy less than 4 hours off charger.

Posted via Android Central App

siddharthsah

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same thing happened with me today. My battery was near about 85% and suddenly it got switched off. I had kept it on table and no app were running in background. When I turned it on it showed 1% battery. And I am charging now

Kahlilh

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Saw this today as well, mine was at around 85% and one trip downtown later it was dead. Even the folks at koodo couldn't make heads or tails of it.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Motorola said its a Qualcomm sensor problem that reads the battery. So they're working on it update for it in Android 4.4 3!! Which hopefully comes out at the end of April or sometime in May!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Honda4fun

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Derek.

Please post the link to the other site. I would like to see the other posts on this topic. I have Google'd and came across this site, but haven't found others that are as informative.

I'm in my 50's and have just bought my first cell phone. It has to last as I have a limited income. I bought my Moto G in March and overall I'm very happy with it. The other day, the phone was at 97% when I left home. Never used it at all that day. The next morning, it wouldn't turn on. I had to reboot to get it to work. After doing so, I got a msg that it was at 1% and needed a charge. Like other posts I've read, it went to 100% FAST.

This wasn't mentioned in any of the posts I read, but after recharging, the phone went to the screen where it asks what data I want to move from one phone to another. I found that odd.

I know for a fact that it doesn't have anything to do with the usb charging cable as I hadn't charged it that morning. I also know it doesn't have anything to do with updating the O/S. I don't have a data plan and turn the wifi off when not in use, so there was no updating being done while off.

My main concern is that if it is a battery issue, I want it taken care of because the Moto G doesn't have a removable one!

get answers

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I think it's caused with using pc's to charge the G with especially laptop's. The phone thinks it's fully charged and it's nowhere near done the longer you have been charging it that way the more confused the phone is. I've used the usb it came with and a Sony plug and it lasts longer than any other android I've had. I would like to hear from anyone who gets the slight distortion and hissing when listening to music low. Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze