Verizon Moto G at Best Buy!

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just found a moto g sitting in the vzw prepaid section at best buy. It was the 200 dollar 16 GB model. Does anyone know the difference between contract vzw and prepaid? The plan pricing was only 50 a month but on verizons site it starts at 60 which is kind of odd.

I'm thinking of trying to buy this for my mom as long as she can port in her number from straight talk.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just found a moto g sitting in the vzw prepaid section at best buy. It was the 200 dollar 16 GB model. Does anyone know the difference between contract vzw and prepaid? The plan pricing was only 50 a month but on verizons site it starts at 60 which is kind of odd.

I'm thinking of trying to buy this for my mom as long as she can port in her number from straight talk.

Aside from carrier price hike, I would say nothing is different.

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Because she is straight talk locked. There is no gsm availability where she lives so she has to choose the crappy straight talk phones. She has a straight talk s1 right now and needs a new phone. Only decent option is an s3 for 400. No thanks

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Because she is straight talk locked. There is no gsm availability where she lives so she has to choose the crappy straight talk phones. She has a straight talk s1 right now and needs a new phone. Only decent option is an s3 for 400. No thanks

Get a Nexus 5 for $400.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Can the Best Buy phone be 'converted' over to regular Verizon post paid number. My cousin has a family plan on Verizon with his children/spouse and would like to buy the Moto G.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Can you afford a Nexus 5? It is a great phone and can be used on Straight Talk.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
from what i understand OP dont want to spend $400... so this would be a good option.

@OP or you could buy GSM moto G for the same price

Yes but it would be less expensive than Verizon. Over a two year contract they'd spend the $200 extra they'd spend on the N5, plus more. Cheaper to get the n5 and stick with Straight Talk plus no Verizon bloat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

According to OP there is no GSM (ATT or TMo) where the phone will be used. Most likely Sprint is also iffy so that leaves VZ and its prepaid options. N5 only works with Sprint for CDMA. Moto G is a great option for $50/month.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
According to OP there is no GSM (ATT or TMo) where the phone will be used. Most likely Sprint is also iffy so that leaves VZ and its prepaid options. N5 only works with Sprint for CDMA. Moto G is a great option for $50/month.

I can agree with that. I thought they wanted to switch because of the "crappy Straight Talk phones".

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I can agree with that. I thought they wanted to switch because of the "crappy Straight Talk phones".

Yeah I mentioned in another post that there's no gsm availability. Huge bummer. I'd give my mom my nexus 5 in a heart beat if she could activate it with straight talk. You can only use their phones when you are using Verizon's towers and not a ATT/TMobile Sim.

Anyway, she went back out to bb to buy the moto and they wouldn't sell it to her. Official release is January 9th.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nice. Looks like they popped early.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I mentioned in another post that there's no gsm availability. Huge bummer. I'd give my mom my nexus 5 in a heart beat if she could activate it with straight talk. You can only use their phones when you are using Verizon's towers and not a ATT/TMobile Sim.

Anyway, she went back out to bb to buy the moto and they wouldn't sell it to her. Official release is January 9th.

ahh... looks like you have to wait for few more days

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Boo. Wanted to check one out.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Ohh, OK. I hope the g works out well once you can get it. :thumbup:

bethereornot

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Straight Talk to Vzw just to get this phone. The specs are awesome and if you get your prepaid card from Walmart, you can choose unlimited talk and text starting at $45- but that one only gives you 500mb of data. But I checked my phone ask month and between using wifi most of the time I was only averageing 150mb of use but just to be safe I bought the $50 card with 1gb of data. Super fast phone and it has the specs of a $400 phone.