Call ended

gbadgley

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just got it. Things were going fine. Surfed a bit, and then tried to make a call. It dialed for a nano second end then it call ended. I rebooted, and it seems to be working fine. What gives?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you dialed, it started ringing, and then the call dropped? Did you try again afterwards? Maybe there was a problem with the signal--were you in an area with poor reception?

gbadgley

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Poor reception is not the issue. I dialed and it was dialing for just a moment and then changed its message to call ended. I tired this multiple times with different numbers. Always the same.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What network are you on? It is not unheard of for calls to be dropped due to network issues, especially if the network is one of the less reliable ones.

If the problem recurs after your reboot, I'd talk to your network provider and see if maybe a replacement SIM card might be helpful. If they say it isn't a network problem, then it might be time to talk to Motorola/Google.

gbadgley

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the input. No, it's not a network issue either, as we have a first class network. And this never happened before on my other cell. It seems to be working now. But, I will take your advice if it reoccurs. Thanks again.

Chris Brodie

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Mines the same, goto make a call, call ends. Sometimes I get 20 seconds into a call and pow, the call ends & it always seems to happen in important situations. Reboot fixes it, but who wants to reboot their phone every time they want to make a call?

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Haven't experienced it with this phone but my last phone (samsung) done this quite a lot. Apparently when I spoke to others about this they said it happened to them periodically too so you're not alone.

Ronin Dan

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem...but....data still working ...i can.t make any call
It.s a samsung s4 was locked on t.mobile uk...i buy a code ...for a mouth used on 3 network uk....after that start problems...now calls , but data works ...i.m gona put a pic.

Rooted 2/3 times...nothind is chage...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited: