Moto G - Different volume with Motorola Assist

dorpas

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I have the Moto G 16 GB, i used the Motorola Assist to define my sleeping hours and added my favorites as exceptions who's calls get through.
Problem is, when they do call, it's LOUD. for some reason the default volume level for these calls is really loud, and since i usually don't crack up my call volume over two levels above vibrate, it's really not fun waking up or even being startled with a loud-as-hell ringtone.
I googled it, and also looked around the Assist options, but to no avail...

any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the Assist volumes adjust alongside the device volume? Meaning, if you set the device to ring at max volume will assist ring at max volume? I don't have a Moto X, so I can't poke around those settings to find something that may help. Let us know if you've figured out a solution.

dorpas

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
1. It's Moto G, not Moto X.
2. No, there is no such adjustment. i doesn't matter which volume the device is on, the Assist will ring at max volume (as far as i can tell).

Anyone having the same problem? Can anyone confirm that there is actually a problem and i'm not just missing something?

Shantzy

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
1. It's Moto G, not Moto X.
2. No, there is no such adjustment. i doesn't matter which volume the device is on, the Assist will ring at max volume (as far as i can tell).

Anyone having the same problem? Can anyone confirm that there is actually a problem and i'm not just missing something?

Same problem with my moto G 8gb. I just got scared half to death when a call came through at 5 am!

jim1405

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
You might want to look into a free app called llama - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama&token=-9gfhNC9

It is a location profile app using cell towers for location but also uses profiles where you can adjust the various volumes individually. i.e. nighttime ringer off for all calls except selected contacts that could be 2/7 for example. I found it easy to setup and use. It has a 4.7 rating on Google Play.

I just started using a week ago and love it. Mine is setup to go to quiet mode when I'm at work, normal at home, silent at night etc.

Disclaimer - I have no affiliation with this app, just a happy user.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Like jim1405 I've moved away from Assist and use an automation app to provide the same / better functionality with more control, albeit with a bit of a learning curve and more time spent setting thing up.

My choice is MacroDroid - also on the play store. Tasker, Llama, AutomateIt are all alternatives.