Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I am considering purchasing one of these phones. Any suggestions on what one? Also, any network suggestions would be appreciated, but I don't plan to get a data plan. Thanks for the help!

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
For network suggestions, try the Sensorly maps to see which carriers have the best coverage in the places you're at most. There's also the Sensorly app, and the OpenSignal app which is similar but a little clearer (to me).

I dunno about the phones, haven't heard of the Zenphone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am considering purchasing one of these phones. Any suggestions on what one? Also, any network suggestions would be appreciated, but I don't plan to get a data plan. Thanks for the help!

Which model Zenphone are you looking at?

(Are they even available yet?)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
support is what I value the most. OEM and developer alike thats why i would go with G anytime.

but if i value money or sdcard i would go with zen phone. apart from that G is better in every way.

also it depends on what screen size you want

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I took another look at the specs and the moto g's were much better.

It's not just the specs. The G will have far better support, and for longer since it's owned by a Google company.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not just the specs. The G will have far better support, and for longer since it's owned by a Google company.

+1 also there is the GPE edition of this phone which would guarantee support for few years.
you could convert your normal phone to GPE device. thats a + for G

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Better than the 5 or 6 the Zenphone will get it lol

I still find it odd that Google came out and said something to the effect of "18-month support" after the whole Galaxy Nexus/KitKat issue yet Punit Soni of Motorola says devices will be "supported for two years".

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I still find it odd that Google came out and said something to the effect of "18-month support" after the whole Galaxy Nexus/KitKat issue yet Punit Soni of Motorola says devices will be "supported for two years".

Well hopefully it's the latter

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, thats Motorola adding value to the customer just like active notification and touchless control.

2 year support is the best since you will have latest android for about 2 and half years

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech