Can't get contacts from old phone onto Motorola Moto G?

timj14

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi i cant seem to get my contacts from my old android htc wildfire s onto my new motorola moto g.

I have tried the motorola migrate app but even though it seemed to work and it said it was successfull no files appeared on the moto g.

I managed to transfer my pictures from the DCIM folder of my old phone onto the motorola moto g, no problem.

But i cant seem to get my contacts accross?! I have tried to import them to my googlemail account......i can see them there (on my pc in googlemail), but then they don't sync with the phone and it does not pick them up?

Any suggesstions on how i can do this please?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: cant get contacts from old phone onto motorola moto g?

Check to see if the people sync is on. Or sync in general. Maybe it's off?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

timj14

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Hi

I have checked to see if the sync is on, it asks to "sync now" and then it appears to try and sync all the features with googlemail but it still does not work!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

paulw3

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Export them to the SD storage of your old fone and import to your Gmail account, default the the Moto G and log back into to your Google account and the contacts should download to the G. I had to do this with my wife's Galaxy S2 when she went to the Moto G as for some reason her contacts were not syncing to Gmail..

timj14

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Thanks

When you say default the moto g, do you mean do a factory reset and wipe the phone and start again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax