worth upgrading from S2?

Andy McAdam

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My contact expires soon. I want to stay on a cheap deal but want a new phone. Will I see a big improvement going from the galaxy s2 to a 16gig moto g?

Posted via Android Central App

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
On the plus side, you're going to get a larger, higher-resolution display and a much newer version of Android without all the Samsung shovelware.
On the negative side, you're getting a lower-resolution camera.

Personally, I consider a near-pure Android experience in Kit Kat on my Moto G to be an upgrade from my Galaxy SIII.

John Kreese

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Not really. The Moto G has a better screen but you really won't notice $200 difference. I'd wait for the S4 to be reduced when the 2014 models hit.

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My contact expires soon. I want to stay on a cheap deal but want a new phone. Will I see a big improvement going from the galaxy s2 to a 16gig moto g?

Posted via Android Central App

All depends what you are looking for and what is most important to you. I came from an S2 to the G and am happier with the G for a number of reasons but there are negatives too.

Pros - better screen, faster and more responsive, up to date OS, no crapware, more solid feel, notification led, nice add-ons such as Assist/Migrate/Bluetooth trusted devices, much better battery life (x2.5 the time that I used to get)

Cons - worse camera, heavier, no SD card slot

Non removable battery doesn't bother me but it does others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith