Disabling Cam widget on KK lock screen

AM_SOS

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently enabled the widgets (on the security settings in KK).
After checking them out I decided against enabling the option. While all the widgets were switched off after I disabled widgets from the security settings, strangely the camera shortcut continues to be functional on the lock screen.
Is there some way to disable it or is it always on by default on the lock screen? I seem to recall that the widget wasn't present earlier on the lock screen and only came up after I enabled the widgets from the security settings.
Thanks!

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
From what I know. It's not a widget, it's a shortcut for the camera. Simple as that

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's just a shortcut like was mentioned above. Any reason for disabling it or do you just not want it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

AM_SOS

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, right. It's actually a shortcut that appears along with the widgets on the lock screen.
I want to disable it so as to prevent unauthorised access to my gallery.
Is there a way to do this?

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, right. It's actually a shortcut that appears along with the widgets on the lock screen.

You can't get access to the gallery via the camera shortcut without entering the pin (assuming you are using a pin on your lock screen). All you can do is take photos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I found a weird fix. Bit you might not lile it
Simply install a custom camera from The playstore, any.
And when you use the shortcut. It will ask which camera to use. Therefore, it will ask for the password :)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki