Fastest way to toggle internet mode?

AM_SOS

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

This is about activating the internet on the phone and toggling between 3G/2G.

To my surprise I recently came to the realisation that there is no "one-click" way of switching the internet on/off on all stock Android OS's (I am running KitKat and it's still the same as earlier versions).

There is of course a "power control" widget that provides such shortcuts. But surprisingly, it doesn't have any options for switching on the internet !

I have used the nice "power toggles" app/widget which does give me a shortcut to several apps. However, even that needs several clicks when I need to switch on the internet or to toggle between network modes.

Of course in the notification centre there is button that takes me to the "data usage" page, but there that doesn't let me toggle the network modes !

In all, I am left baffled as to why Android phones marketed and built around the idea of an internet ready phone don't provide simple and direct access to such basic internet functions.

Comments and suggestions to get around this welcome!

tdasw

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
You can do it with cyanogenmod, but I don't know can you do it with the stock rom.

Wysłane z mojego Moto G przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Power Toggles witht the notification shade widget. I swipe down, tap the icon, and it does it's thing. Just make sure you enable the notifications and add the correct icon.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Power Toggles witht the notification shade widget. I swipe down, tap the icon, and it does it's thing. Just make sure you enable the notifications and add the correct icon.

Exactly what I was gonna said :) this one works flawless, i can even toggle 3G/2G

Posted via Android Central App

AM_SOS

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thanks. I tried that but there still doesn't seem to be a way to quickly toggle between 3G and 2G.

It is indeed easy to use the GPRS (Mobile Data) button to quickly switch the internet on and off.

However, when I press the 3G button, it first takes me to a menu "Mobile Network Settings" with three sub-entries - "SUBS settings", "Data enabled", and "Data Roaming". It's then a further press before I reach the default Android menu where I have to make another press to actually select "3G preferred".

All in all, quite cumbersome. Though I have to say that Power Toggles is as close to perfect as I have seen so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol