Is anyone else getting strange phone numbers on their phone?

gopher0151

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

3 weeks weeks ago I bought a Moto G, uploaded my contacts from Google and all was fine.

2 weeks ago I noticed a new phone number on my phone staring 0344 which came up as contact "Work Number" and had both internet and e-mail icons against the contact. I deleted it and double checked my computer for malware (using spybot & Norton) - Nothing was found. Interestingly this number did not appear on my HTC android phone, although both update from Google contacts.

Today I noticed another number 01513246688 in both my Google contacts and phone which was listed as my custom number, again with internet and e-mail icons against the contact but it is not my number and is nothing to do with me.

Anyone got any ideas about what is going on?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The only explaination for new numbers showing up in your contacts is other apps syncing with your device. Once I linked Twitter, FXCamera, Snapchat and maybe a couple of others my contacts exploded. Check that they are not contacts from other apps. You can also Google the numbers to see if they are nefarious or legit.

Comerman

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
If you Google the number 01513246688 it throws up a lot of interesting stuff. I'd download malwarebytes and scan in safe mode and see if it turns up anything.

SPS828

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
On my Moto G I've gotten a bunch of wrong numbers but I've never seen this before. What I'd do is so a malware scan and check if any Twitter, Facebook or Google+ contacts showed up.

Posted From My Fast, Furious, Beautiful Moto G GPE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34