Im looking at either the Verizon or Boost Moto G....Why would anyone choose Boost?

barbaro123

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I mean this with all sincerity. Are they both 3g? Arent they both about $50 per month. Doesnt Verizon have superior coverage in every way? Where is the draw to the Boost version? If Im missing something please tell me as Im about to buy one.....

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
They are both 3g-2g CDMA and the draw is you have a better selection of devices online with Boost and in some stores also Verizon has a couple of great devices online and in store for prepaid!! Also after six months with the Motorola Moto G you can switch to contact with the and get more data and all of their plans on contract!! Okay Boost has better plans you get unlimited talk,text,and data and throttled after you go over 2.5gigs to 2g with $5 dollar shrinking payments to $45 dollars after either a year or two. And with boost is coverage is not so great you might want to check the coverage map view have coverage and coverage where you'll be going if you go out of state and where you live to. With Verizon you get coverage almost everywhere!!! So you choose personally. I'd take the Verizon because I have it and it's great you jut have to buy a $45 unlimited talk,text, and 500mb of data. That's when the bridge data comes in at $5 for 500mb, $10 for 1gb, and $20 for 3gb and mind that you have 500mb when you buy the unlimited talk, text, and 500 mb card!!! So you would have 1gb if you spend $5, 1.5gb for $10 and 3.5gb for $20 so if you went for $20+$45=$65 a month for unlimited talk,text,and 3.5 gigs of data with great coverage over Boost. Also Verizon is switching all of their plans to the $45 card and the $5,$10, and $20 bridge data card will only be available so no more $70,$60, or $50 cards!!! You choose!!!

Posted via Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been on boost for a year now and the pros for me are 1. The price. In one more month I'll be paying $50 a month for "unlimited" everything. 2. nice selection of devices for a TRUE prepaid company, I have a moto g but I've also used a Samsung galaxy s2 and a s3 on boost, still got the s3. 3.the data isn't bad depending on where you live. At home I'd bet that I have 3g speed that would challenge any phone on any carrier on 3g only. I'm talking blazing fast in some areas. But at work downtown, words don't do justice to the lag I get. Snail speed. Cons 1. Data Speed. Like I said there WILL BE times on boost where you'll just give up and say "forget it. I'll look it up when I get on wifi". I use wifi at home and mms is great on boost so for the price its even. 2. The shrinking payments have about $4 in tax every month unless you're on auto reboost. 3. No true premium phone. This and the galaxy s3 are really the best phones they have so far. I'd bet money the galaxy s4 will be there soon but it's a year old. 4. 4g LTE is spotty at best for me in Cleveland. And 5. The speed again. On 3g, at times, I promise, you WILL be frustrated. Hope I helped as far as boost. I haven't been on big red in a while and never will again. That much I know.

Posted via Android Central App

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have either, but from all the reading I've done, I can say this; the Boost version can have it's bootloader unlocked. The Verizon one can't. The unlocked bootloader gives you the opportunity to use custom kernels and recovery (if you are into missing your phone, that is).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Northeast Ohio not far from dizzle. The Verizon network here is rock solid all over the area.

I don't have much experience with Sprint here, but they probably aren't as good 3G wise. And VZW's 4G LTE is fully built out here...where the last Sprint map I saw, I'm not even sure they have started LTE in Northeast Ohio yet.

Of course, LTE isn't a consideration for the Moto G.