Charging?

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Still says it's charging after I remove charger, any ideas??

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I think you over charged it. Turn it off, for a few minutes, remove and replace the battery then switch it on. I hope when you switch it on it won't be showing an empty battery, if it does, then you will need a new battery.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you over charged it. Turn it off, for a few minutes, remove and replace the battery then switch it on. I hope when you switch it on it won't be showing an empty battery, if it does, then you will need a new battery.
Um, this post is in the Moto G forum, and that phone doesn't have a removable battery. And modern phones really shouldn't let you overcharge the battery, they are programmed to stop charging when the battery is full.

Most likely it is just a software bug and you can ignore it if you wish. If it is a software issue I'd expect turning it off and on again would get rid of the charging indicator, though if it doesn't it may then indicate a hardware problem.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Turn it off for about 5 minute then tun it back on. My M7 has done this a few times in the past year. If it doesn't work just let the battery die then recharge. Or a hard reset will be needed. And just to make sure you have nothing installed that controls your LED light correct?

iainwith2is

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It's only 2 weeks old! I plugged charger in again and it was fine after I disconnected it. Strange. No installed apps for LED or anything. I'd be a bit miffed if it needed a hard reset so soon, it's not like I've had it a long time and have abused it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's only 2 weeks old! I plugged charger in again and it was fine after I disconnected it. Strange. No installed apps for LED or anything. I'd be a bit miffed if it needed a hard reset so soon, it's not like I've had it a long time and have abused it.

Glad its working for you!