Have to mute and then unmute for caller to hear me

ccctb2876

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when I am in a call on my Moto G all of a sudden the caller cannot hear me. I press the mute button and then unmute the call and then I can be heard again. It happened twice during one call. Any suggestions?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It happened twice ever? Or it happens but on one call it happened twice? Meanwhile, could it be an issue where your screen is awake while you're on a call? The light/dark sensor sometimes has issues if you have long hair that covers your ear, it's dirty, or the phone isn't positioned well against your ear while on a call. This can lead to the screen staying awake, and then your cheek bumping the mute button. That doesn't explain why you would have to mute then unmute unless you are hitting something else. A few things to try; if it's happening more often than your posts leads us to believe try taking a call on speaker phone. This way you can see the screen and see if something is happening. It might show something on the screen if it's an app or something doing this. Clean your sensor. I'm not saying that you wear makeup, but makeup, sweat, or even a little grim can cause the sensor to act up. It may not look too terrible but these sensors can be finicky. If they see dark when the call starts they sometimes won't put the screen to sleep until they see light then dark. Change your in call position. Move the phone slightly in the direction of the sensor so that you feel like the sensor is covered and/or hold the screen away from your face while talking to guard against accidental bumps.