Moto G LTE Micro SD 64GB?

fetende

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!

Does anybody tried a 64GB Micro SD card in the LTE Moto G? I'm willing to buy one but the deal breaker here is on the storage side... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards from Argentina. :)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi there!

Does anybody tried a 64GB Micro SD card in the LTE Moto G? I'm willing to buy one but htte deal breaker here is on the storage side... Any hel wil be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's out yet. It was still showing preorder on the US site earlier today.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

modhatter

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
What I have read, it says up to 32 gig, and if you want to use larger you need to format disk for fat. Mine should be delivered Tues, but I just bought a 32 gig SD.

phliprock

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!

Does anybody tried a 64GB Micro SD card in the LTE Moto G? I'm willing to buy one but the deal breaker here is on the storage side... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just got my Moto G LTE this week and my 64GB microSD today. It works, but as others have stated only when formatted FAT32. It took a few tries to get it working. exFAT doesn't work and the phone doesn't seem to be able to format the card on its own. I used disk utility on my mac to format it as FAT32. I popped it in my phone, it checked for errors, took an extra minute to calculate the size and now the phone shows 59.45GB available on my card. I don't plan on putting files over 4 GB on my phone, so no big deal there. Just music and maybe a few compressed movies. Loving it so far.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Moto G LTE this week and my 64GB microSD today. It works, but as others have stated only when formatted FAT32. It took a few tries to get it working. exFAT doesn't work and the phone doesn't seem to be able to format the card on its own. I used disk utility on my mac to format it as FAT32. I popped it in my phone, it checked for errors, took an extra minute to calculate the size and now the phone shows 59.45GB available on my card. I don't plan on putting files over 4 GB on my phone, so no big deal there. Just music and maybe a few compressed movies. Loving it so far.

Great trick and work around! However do you lose anything outta this deal? Functionality maybe or readability? Just wondering!

Denilson Rocha

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried this and had many storage problems on Spotify and PocketCasts. I don't know if the problem is on my SD card specifically, so I'll try another piece, with the same capacity.
(Micro SDXC Sandisk class 10 on Moto XT1040, android 4.4.3, Stock ROM, no root)

P.S: sorry for bad English ;)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Do a full format of your SDcard to make sure (uncheck "Quick format"), if you get an error it could mean your sdcard is bad and need an RMA.

To format a 64gb as Fat32, download this program: Download - RMPrepUSB
Select Fat32 and press "Prepare drive".

fdalbor

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused I have a moto g, what is moto g LTE? Can some one send me a link with info please

Posted via the Android Central App
Moto G LTE is the newer Moto G that has a SD card slot and also has a 4G LTE radio so it can use LTE. A couple of other minor changes; but pretty much the same as the second version of the Moto G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995