MOTO G 4G LTE issues; should I reset or return the phone?

JimWPan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Windows Phone to Android. I brought 2 Moto G LTE and have it for about a week. The scrolling for phone is not smooth at all, it is jerky. Touch sensitivity is not great either, I have to press on the screen harder. I installed the usual apps like Facebook, Facebook messenger, Skype, Line and couple games. My phone constantly running at 75% or more of ram, I have to constantly using Clean Master to release the ram. I searched forums and website and following many advises, but no improvement. Should I reset the phone or return the phone and asking for replacement? If I choose reset, is there a way I can backup everything so I do not have go through the set up steps for all the apps? Please help, I am newbie to Android OS.

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Your phone is supposed to run at 75%ram. I can't find it at but you should ask Google 'how does ram on Android work'. As for the sensitivity, I can't help. It does sound like it might be an issue. But Android is not windows there are plenty of differences. Ram is only one else of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to reset the phone because of its performance, I'd think it is better to reinstall the apps one by one, and work the phone after each reinstallation. It could be an app that is the cause of all your problems.

JimWPan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok, got it. Windows phone is very smooth, fast and simple (not much). Android provides more and my company apps do not support Windows phone. All other apps provide better funcationalities than windows. I will call Motorola support to ask them about the sensitivities. I have to swipe it hard to remove apps from the screen, or scroll up and down on any apps.
Thanks for the help.

JimWPan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sir Alex, My coworker has Nexus 4 and it is very smooth and quick in compare to the MOTO G. I guessed 2G ram does make a big difference. I was thinking of return them and grab the Nexus 4 out of eBay. But many Moto G user are happy with their phone, so I am trying to work with the phone. I donot want pay too much, I have two kids that need phone also. This phone is very good, just want to make sure it can last me for couple years. I will try your method after I talk to Moto support.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ask them about the screen because its a known problem that the screen won't function right and you need to call in for a replacement on both right away and see if they can fix it or you need to send it in and get two new ones!!! If you do it takes usually 1-2 days to get there and its brand new!!! Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well with 2 gigs of ram it will have more apps ready for auction. But in the end the differences are not so big. 1 or 2 seconds even sometimes less. 2 gigs is useful for heavy multitasking. As for the screen, it might just be a production flaws. Motorola G is not a flagship phone and even on the non let version there ware some people experiencing problems. Seems you are one of the few unlucky. Just replace the phone and enjoy the premium feel of that great inexpensive phone. BTW didn't you say you have 2 moto's? How does the other work?

JimWPan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The other one seemed to be fine. The scrolling is still a bit jerky on MDM app. This is my personal, it doesnot have Facebook or games. Ram usage is high but not bad at 65% max.

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The other one seemed to be fine. The scrolling is still a bit jerky on MDM app. This is my personal, it doesnot have Facebook or games. Ram usage is high but not bad at 65% max.

As I told you, there is no bad Ram usage on Android. The opposite - unused ram is wastes ram. Didn't you even read about it? :D. Also you shouldn't judge a phone just by the usage of one app. You should look at the overall performance. Maybe it's just not optimised for kitkat. BTW are the phones with 4.4.3 Kitkat?

JimWPan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
This phone came with 4.4.3 stock. Motoroloa wants me to send one back to them; either repair or replace for warranty service. The other one got factory reset, all are good but the scrolling lag is still there. I searched the web and there're complaints, my coworker's Nexus 4 and old Galaxy S3 does not show the same symptoms. I donot play games on the phone ( PS4 instead); app open fast just the scorlling. Still searching the web if there's way to improve it.

zabihjan

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
how can you expect the same smoothness and speed and sensitivity of WIndows Phone. there is no OS that can match that? I broke my Lumia 635 so bought a Moto G 4G, first of all build quality is clamsy specially the hardware buttons. I can talk enough about Android Lag so I will just ignore it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney