Design Defect Memory Management Issue (apps forced to close)

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna try to be patient and wait for the L update. I think the reason why the update has been delayed is because they are trying to incorporate a fix for this bug in the update. Till then, I have an awesome phone besides the fact that I can only run one app at a time. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Lol. Well the new OTA for the recent release of Lolipop might just be the answer we were waiting for. Guess it will take a week to hear users feedback.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Well the new OTA for the recent release of Lolipop might just be the answer we were waiting for. Guess it will take a week to hear users feedback.

There are some people saying that the update fixed the problem and improved performance. That's good news.

It seems from another posts by you that in the end you decided to keep the Moto G for yourself. And apparently you were unlucky and got the same problem from day one. Is that true?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Though it would be good to wait for a couple of more days, etc. It looks like we have a fix from preliminary user reports. If these users come after a week with no problems then I think the matter is finally closed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=469784

Of course there is also the matter of getting the Android L update and then the incremental update in order to have the fix. But that is part 2 of the story ;-)

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Now that the update to the original Android L upgrade has been out for a few days, can someone confirm that the RAM issue continues to remain fixed please. Since in the past it would start fine and gradually get worse I thought to double check on it. Hoping its fixed for good.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2013 moto g and it has some crazy issues. Sometimes my status bar and buttons disappears, have horrible battery, battery constantly over heats, random freezes, it just irritating that this one has the problems out of the 3 I've had on Verizon and this is on Boost!! And I seem to have the ram issue my ram today was at 700 mb today!! Its usually around 500 mb and I know it's good not to clear it but the phone just slows to a crawl. And I'm afraid of the battery being damaged at 110°f!! Also it takes at least 8 min to do a cache wipe when in recovery mode. Any ideas why I have these problems? Maybe I got a lemon?

Attachments

• 3233.jpg
    3233.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 38

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Now that the update to the original Android L upgrade has been out for a few days, can someone confirm that the RAM issue continues to remain fixed please. Since in the past it would start fine and gradually get worse I thought to double check on it. Hoping its fixed for good.

Haven't received the update yet. I'll update you when it comes

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2013 moto g and it has some crazy issues. Sometimes my status bar and buttons disappears, have horrible battery, battery constantly over heats, random freezes, it just irritating that this one has the problems out of the 3 I've had on Verizon and this is on Boost!! And I seem to have the ram issue my ram today was at 700 mb today!! Its usually around 500 mb and I know it's good not to clear it but the phone just slows to a crawl. And I'm afraid of the battery being damaged at 110°f!! Also it takes at least 8 min to do a cache wipe when in recovery mode. Any ideas why I have these problems? Maybe I got a lemon?

Wow! You're having some serious issues mate. I'd recommend you to open a new thread in the Moto G 2013 forum and we could try to help you with them. Post a couple of screenshots with your battery stats.

Much better this way and we can leave this thread on topic.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got my moto g 2014 and it is working perfectly I will update this post if anything changes.

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
All I know is that my Galaxy Tab 4 from Amazon has been crippled with "out of memory" errors from about one month after I bought it, and before I was even able to load all the apps I had used on my previous tablet. I have a fast 32 GB SD chip that the device ignores, even though I have moved all apps to the SD chip and set every app that would allow the setting to use the SD chip, I still have 29 GB free and a crippled tablet that won't work because it thinks its out of memory.

I am extremely unhappy, not only with Samsung, but even more with Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670