Why is there no Lollipop update for VERIZON Moto G yet?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Because Verizon didn't release it yet. The reason is probably considered a trade secret, so if anyone who actually knows why tells you, s/he can hope that the worst that happens is a pink slip. (Revealing a trade secret is actionable, takes tons of money to defend against, and if Verizon can prove, within reason, that it lost a certain amount of money, or expects to, as a result of that information having been released, the person releasing it is going to be paying off the judgement for the next 5,000 years.)

I would hope that the reason is that Verizon doesn't want to have to deal with the bug complaints if it releases it. I know that's like hoping for a valid million dollar check in tomorrow's mail, but it would be nice.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
the person releasing it is going to be paying off the judgement for the next 5,000 years.) .

Can I take delivery of a nice 2015 Bentley and pay it off in 5,000 years?
That comes to about $9.57 per month for 60,000 months(figuring 7% APR)

Where do I sign?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Because Verizon didn't release it yet. .

This morning, I spoke with a Verizon Prepaid dept re(had to get the postpaid dept to transfer me)
and he claims that the Verizon Moto G(original 2013) will NOT receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop....
The conversation took a turn and we ended up discussing the new Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5,
which he just received this week on his personal S5. I told him how much I was enjoying the Lollipop on my
Verizon S5, which is why I called him to find out about Lollipop on the Verizon Moto G.....(

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
There is no actual evidence that the VZW Moto G won't get Lollipop. A random CS rep's answer is not evidence.

I agree.... but as with any phone(postpaid or prepaid) sold by Verizon, software update will come much, much later than other carriers. :)

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree.... but as with any phone(postpaid or prepaid) sold by Verizon, software update will come much, much later than other carriers. :)

Not sure about that. The VZW Moto G got 4.4.4 pretty quickly. And mine had 4.4.2 out of the box.

5.0 and 5.0.1 seem to have some bugs, so if they are waiting for a more stable release in 5.0.2 or later, I will happily stick with 4.4.4 for a while longer.