Why is my phone taking so long to charge?

A

AC Question

charging problem

Im having a moto g2 (2nd generation) mobile . since i bought it was good and dint had any problems . but for the past three days its taking about 4hours to charge 100% battery .charging is taking much time but draining down so fast. what might be the problem? what should i ve to do. please help me solving this issue.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: charging problem

What do your battery stats reveal to be the main users of charge? That's where to look first for clues about why abnormal battery drain is occurring.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Also, have you tried a different cable or wall charging plug? Are you charging from a wall outlet, or from a computer's USB port? The latter typically takes much longer to charge, since the current is lower.

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue and recommend changing your output charger. I used the charger I got with the phone which was 0.5A and it took around 3 hours to charge completely, I now have a 1.0A charger which does it in around an hour and 45 minutes. So, change your charger and turn off mobile data when charging -- that should save a lot of time.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

My phone isn't even a month old and I put it for charge at 45%. Checked an hour later and it was 75%. Is this normal? I'm using the charger I got with the phone. The phone brightness was at minimum and Wi-Fi, mobile network, bluetooth, and location - everything was off. Is this charging rate normal or is it too slow?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That charging rate is not unusual. My Nexus 5 can charge from about 30% to 100% in about 1.5 hrs, using a standard charger.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^I owned a Lumia 520 and loved it. Now in the hands of a friend, who also loves it. I don't own a Moto G2, but would be very pleased to do so. Both good devices.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

^^^I owned a Lumia 520 and loved it. Now in the hands of a friend, who also loves it. I don't own a Moto G2, but would be very pleased to do so. Both good devices.

Used a Lumia 520 charger and phone went from 60 to 80 within half an hour... Wondering if there's something wrong with my moto g charger...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

It's possible. It might be worth getting it changed if the terms of the warranty allow it.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

I m about to buy a moto g lte version this week , I live in uk , I brought it from second hand shop cex, they don't give out original moto g charger , what can I do ? can I buy original moto g charger online ?

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

That charging rate is not unusual. My Nexus 5 can charge from about 30% to 100% in about 1.5 hrs, using a standard charger.

I m about to buy a moto g lte version this week , I live in uk , I brought it from second hand shop cex, they don't give out original moto g charger , what can I do ? can I buy original moto g charger online ? :)

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I m about to buy a moto g lte version this week , I live in uk , I brought it from second hand shop cex, they don't give out original moto g charger , what can I do ? can I buy original moto g charger online ? :)

Well if you're gonna buy a charger, I'd suggest going for a charger with a higher amperage... The original charger just didn't cut it for me...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You can get any universal charger. Most have about 1.5-2.0 A max amperage, which should be fine.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

You can get any universal charger. Most have about 1.5-2.0 A max amperage, which should be fine.

but i thought 3rd party charger would hurt the phone ? is it ? third party charger would hurt battery is it ?

cause it happen on some other phone , some phones you can only use originally charger , if you use third party charger you will damage the baterry

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

As long as it isn't some cheap no-name charger, a universal charger can't damage your phone. Phones will draw as much current as they need--the charger won't force a current that's too high. The damage that occurs with some chargers probably has more to do with power surges rather than the charger itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2