On my Moto G I accidentally selected photos and deleted some, how can I get them back?

A

AC Question

moto g i accidently selected photos and deleted some

using moto g inside my gallery i accidentally selected photos and deleted some so is there any way that i can recover them???plus i have not rooted my phone and those photos were in my internal memory..help me ASAP

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: moto g i accidently selected photos and deleted some

using moto g inside my gallery i accidentally selected photos and deleted some so is there any way that i can recover them???plus i have not rooted my phone and those photos were in my internal memory..help me ASAP

Check your Photos app, not Gallery and see if they were automatically backed up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto g i accidently selected photos and deleted some

If they weren't backed up to another device or a cloud account, they couldn't have been very important. But if they're not backed up somewhere else, you'll have to root the phone (you can't recover deleted files on an unrooted phone) and install an app like DiskDigger. (Both rooting and installing an app may overwrite some of the files you're trying to recover.) Then run the recovery program (DiskDigger, or whatever you choose to use) and it'll recover what it can. (If the phone were rooted you could use dd to make an image of the internal storage, then use PhotoRec on the image to recover everything - but is isn't so you can't.)

In the future, if you don't want to lose it, back it up. (There's no way to recover anything from a phone that you dropped just as a truck came by, and the phone is now 3 feet long and 22 gauge thick.)

adventapps

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rukbat, what is the probability of getting back a deleted file using diskdigger? I mean to ask, will this app bring back any deleted file irrespective of what format it is or how old it is?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay