Why are my app icons disappearing?

Asrampd

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Disapearing Icons

I have a Moto G - Occasionally App Icons dissapear from one of the home screens and I have to got to Play store - uninstall & reinstall to get it back. But this time it lost a paid for app so I dont want to reinstall as i may be charged again.

I have looked in forums and they talk about Settings - apps - dissabled apps (cant find this feature (not even under "All" apps.

Help please.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disapearing Icons

You can download a paid app as many times as you want. Don't worry, your apps are linked to your Google account and you could even download it in a different phone, if using that account, with no need to pay again.

To see the disabled tab go to settings - apps and swipe to the left until you find it. The order of tabs is downloaded, running, all and disabled.

If an icon disappear from your screen you don't need to download it again. Go to your app drawer, find the app, longpress on it and drag it to your screen.

Asrampd

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi and thankyou for the reply.

Under : Settings - Apps are three screens accessed as you say by swiping left, however the three listings I get are Downloaded/Running/All there is no "deleted apps" page/listing.

Ta.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi and thankyou for the reply.

Under : Settings - Apps are three screens accessed as you say by swiping left, however the three listings I get are Downloaded/Running/All there is no "deleted apps" page/listing.

Ta.

Have you disabled any app so far?

Asrampd

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

No I haven't disabled any apps at all. If I go to Play store, search for the ap to download - find it - and click the offered "Open" button it runs. This is the only way I can get it to run.

Ta.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

That must be the reason for not having a "disabled" tab then. About the missing apps. If you haven't hidden them they should be in the "all" tab, unless they are widgets. Which apps are disappearing? Give me one example.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01